X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geoff Moss on lower anvils

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYo0HFL2UHM

[ Quote ]
    His own words !........ they are NOT flats ...if they where,.... the will pick up on the shoulders ............
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

That is what I mean when I say do not use lower anvils with machined flats on them , they will put lines on your panel . UNLESS! You can blend the shoulders and STILL maintaining a radius on the so called '' FLAT ''.
    One more thing to add is the fact that , a full radius anvil after a few hours of use .... that ''sharp'' contact point will WEAR and became a perfect anvil to wheel no mater which radius is used, PROVIDING as Geoff said ,...... not too much pressure is applied .
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 22-03-22, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that Peter.

I did notice that my new anvils have wear marks on them already but they will only get better 🙂,

Cheers Charlie
      Last edited by Chazza; 23-03-22, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Choose your Masters well... He certainly is a Master. Great content. Thanks for the video link, Phil.

In that box of anvils on the floor next to his wheel, which I thought were Geoff's anvils(?), it also looked like he had a kidney wheel like the one you use, Peter.
        www.carolinasculpturestudio.com

Comment

Originally posted by cliffrod View Post
          Choose your Masters well... He certainly is a Master. Great content. Thanks for the video link, Phil.

In that box of anvils on the floor next to his wheel, which I thought were Geoff's anvils(?), it also looked like he had a kidney wheel like the one you use, Peter.

Yes he has ....good for specific jobs

Comment

More Geoff Moss
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov5VTZzOliM

Comment

Working...
            X