Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

college students visit Aston Martin, lots of tools and hammering !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• college students visit Aston Martin, lots of tools and hammering !

Building the Virage. Leeds college of technology visit to the Aston Martin factory to see the Virage being built,

Its at the old dirty well used factory , lots of hand tools being used ,

Interested in the bucks that they are hammering the "Wings" on , what material are the made from , were they cast or carved ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEFoYfa_Z5w

Originally posted by abarthdave View Post
    Building the Virage. Leeds college of technology visit to the Aston Martin factory to see the Virage being built,

Its at the old dirty well used factory , lots of hand tools being used ,

Interested in the bucks that they are hammering the "Wings" on , what material are the made from , were they cast or carved ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEFoYfa_Z5w

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!! Check the stanse and the way those two tradesman hold the panel on the wheel check how much the wheel get's tighten each time at 7.46 look at the tools they are using ! (No facilitators or sewer pipes, no shrinking gadgets etc ,

Their wooden mallets are not so sharp their hand hammers and flippers a nice and polished etc ..... so the only difference I can see is that been a manufacture of one type of car, they use jugs in order to speed the jobs up ,where we need to make the panel free hand or by using either bucks or patterns and fit things a few times cut and adjust .
    Peter T.

PS nice video !!
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 06-01-21, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Tommasini View Post

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!! Check the stanse and the way those two tradesman hold the panel on the wheel check how much the wheel get's tighten each time at 7.46 look at the tools they are using ! (No facilitators or sewer pipes, no shrinking gadgets etc ,
      Yes I noticed the "English Wheel dance" , there is another video with 2 other guys wheeling and doing the same "dance" also in England.

I like this video because it showed real workers doing what they do everyday , you can see their tools on the cart that have been used for years ,

Peter if you know , what are the bucks made from ? One looks like it was repaired with fiberglass

Thanks ....... And I will post another video later that will put you out of work by a fancy machine !

Comment

Working...
      X