Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    [QUOTE=Chazza;n2249]I watched 4 minutes got bored and gave up.

How can someone make a return, an inch too deep and not notice at the time?
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................

Simple answer to your question he uses the FSP to guide him trough the build , and at no time during shaping he checks the shape with any profiles, at least not till the end , when I am afraid it's too late, not only that but he use far far too much pressure on the wheel , When I was viewing the video's at the start ,and watch the way he was going about shaping that panel I said to 3 friends of mine watching with me at the same time...

[Quote ] ....that panel as going to be too full and he is going to have a lot of problems when the time come to re arrange the shape. End of quote . As I state many times before the guy in question does not know much about metalshaping .....period !

On another note.... PLEASE force your self to watch the video's to the end , It's an eye opener ........... RELY ! If anything it will teach many members here in this forum WHAT NOT TO DO !!!
    Peter T.
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 12-01-2019, 10:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chazza
    replied
    I watched 4 minutes got bored and gave up.

How can someone make a return, an inch too deep and not notice at the time?

When I watch Geoff, Peter and David make panels, I can understand what they are doing and why they are doing it; they make me want to get out to the shed and have a go!

Leave a comment:

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    Interesting..... just watch our friend video N 9 C 1-2 on the Jaguar bonnet
    Peter T.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Tromblay
    commented on 's reply
    Hi, no issue on my end.

B

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Tromblay View Post
    Hi,

I just watched the video, while enjoying the holiday here in the States. I must admit, I'm at a loss as to why you would work the panels only so far, them move onto the next. Some of the panels would have more time to repair, then it would take to make new. I hope the student is successful and finds more than one place for instruction.

Bill
    Bill it's very simple, it's only my opinion that the teacher in question knows very little about shaping or wheeling or anything else when it comes to metalshaping in general, and it's shows on all his video's. I usually do not like to make any comments on other fellow workers so , I am very sorry to make this statement , but the truth is the truth
    Peter T.
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 11-29-2019, 01:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• neilb
    commented on 's reply
    oh yes holidays, i just realized it's thanks giving for you guys. happy thanks giving bill and anyone else in the states reading this

• Bill Tromblay
    replied
    Hi,

I just watched the video, while enjoying the holiday here in the States. I must admit, I'm at a loss as to why you would work the panels only so far, them move onto the next. Some of the panels would have more time to repair, then it would take to make new. I hope the student is successful and finds more than one place for instruction.

Bill
    Last edited by Bill Tromblay; 11-29-2019, 02:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• neilb
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Tommasini View Post
    I wish the guy well and hope it turns out ok for him

Sorry Neil .....it will not !!
    i don't think it will either to be honest

Leave a comment:

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    Yea I have seen the video ....
    I realize that the student in question must be new at this but F**K me what a disaster !! In one of the shots the L / h quarter is taking a left dive, not to mention the rear window return been 1 inch to high from the quarter. To summons all up, the whole thing needs to be started again. I do not know his way of teaching ,or how he approach the teaching, but trust me...... even though its just the start, and understandably a beginner working on the project , this guy will have a big wake cup call waiting for him ........... but our friend at the end will say ''it's a very good job '' .
    Fancy putting something like that on a video ..Christ !! What is the guy thinking ??
    Peter T.

[Quote].... I wish the guy well and hope it turns out ok for him

Sorry Neil .....it will not !!
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 11-28-2019, 08:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• neilb
    replied
    not to carry this on but i have seen a video of something i am interested in and it is very close to what i am doing which made me look. it is a video of one of his students building a gmund coupe (first 356 porsche). the buck and wire form look nice but the small amount of time you get to see the panels shaped are ...

i know first hand how complicated these panels are to make, i've made them many times in my search for knowledge and trying to raise my skill level, i wish the guy well and hope it turns out ok for him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fQUkO-TAYs

Leave a comment:

• Chazza
    replied
    Nice one Peter!

Yes please; more videos are like finding gold for me,

Cheers Charlie

Leave a comment:

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    Just in case anybody out there thinks that I carry on too much with this segment about our friend work and teaching methods, meaning accuracy of the FSP , the tools he use, + welds positions, the actual return valley shape, the whole shape of the scoop over all, (look at the light reflections lines!...( Side and top of scoop ) quality etc. Then also look at the Lotus built by one or two of his students, also and listen to his comments about it ! Just keep a closed eye on the video N 9 A , between 20.38 and 23.27 minutes,THEN watch this video link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl1x9mQ5iTU and then please, tell me what you think .

The next question I would like to ask to the FSP believers and followers,..... ( if the scoop in question could be saved ?? ) How many more hours work would it need to make it look and fit the same of the one on my link above,........... ( judging by the fact that it seats up by 12;15 mm above where it should be) NOT to mention the position of the weld !! ........Or how much BONDO would it need ?. Remember.... ( his quote was) .... SEND ME A FSP , + PROFILES, I CAN MAKE YOU A PANEL THAT WILL FIT PERFECTLY NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE ....I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE......................

On a different note............... believe or not, it so happens that I have an E type Jag bonnet at work that needs extensive repairs on the same places, so if I have time I will post a video on the build after finishing the video on the Ferrari front which will be on this Forum soon
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 11-04-2019, 01:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    Originally posted by OldnEK View Post
    Oh common you guys,

Just because you dont have a insinkerator, facilitator Shrinky dink thingamajiggy and a FSP, doesnt mean you cant get the alignment of the arrangement to shift to the axial co-ordinent of the panel.
    Until you get these you can then charge accordingly.

Oldn EK.......

You forgotten to mention the ''area value''and the ''arrangement value''.... ''and pinch a inch'' and some other crap like it ! get it right will you!

Leave a comment:

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    Originally posted by Chazza View Post
    Having zero experience in this type of shaping, I was thinking yesterday about how to make a reverse.

I have all of your DVD's I think Peter – can you tell me which one has a reverse being made please. The only one I can think of, is the blocking on the Monaro wheel arch.

I would rather watch an expert, than be bored to death on you-know-who's channel,

Cheers Charlie
    Charlie... these video's show how to make a reverse very similar to the one in question, (check out all of them N1/2/3/4). The difference on the return made by our friend, is that the area of the reverse is sharper and the bulbous shape is not as high, but the principle is the same. The only thing you need to notice is that Geoff KEEPS the desire shape at all times, meaning that he has control of that shape step by step when wheeling. ''

(Quote'') ......WHEEL ONLY WHERE IT'S NEEDED........ according the buck that he is using. By doing this Geoff can then work out when and where to put the shape at each application.

The other way....... (our friend way..... ) it's nothing like it ...meaning..... that the panel been wheeled like he does, he CAN NOT judge the area that he is wheeling and by arranging the shape very late in the process, then using the profiles too late in the build, he could be anywhere with it.

If I did not explained properly, simply check this link below and make your own mind up which is the proper way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6GTMAMUee4&t=357s
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 11-03-2019, 11:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chazza
    replied
    Thanks Chris!

Cheers Charlie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X