New video by our friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moving molecules . View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	320DA798-76F3-44F6-BE1B-7ABF4FE98A8A.png Views:	1 Size:	449.4 KB ID:	4801 He tried inboard shrinking first .... gave up

then he tried a second time.... Limited success

Goes for a third attempt and now he’s locked himself out....,! Because of that thumbnail shrinking work....

I’m certainly not perfect and I’m still learning all the time but I don’t think even I would do this...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž

1. Would you anneal the area in question to help the molecules shrink together easily.
    2. close the panel
    3. Shrink with a traditional wooden mallet.
    4. Then open panel.
    CORRECT !!!!!!
    Peter T,

Comment

So let sums all this up......................
      Hour friend truly believes in his METHODS and teaches it , takes money from students that are going to practice and learn that crap , then he puts that crap on you tube simply to sell his product and create more classes. The tools and machines that he use ( which by the way are just as CRAP !)................. just look at that spearing blocking hammer that he use ,he may as well use a bullet shot at 30 feet .......or the ''FACILITATORS'' , or THE TUCK MACHINE etc.. and then he said ... [Quote ]... the traditional way can be to slow and painstaking end of quote . that is why he use the FSP and the rest of his stupid useless gadgets.

He has convinced him self to work and teach that way,..... Not realizing that it's simply and clearly A LOT OF CRAP ! Just to make some money.... NOW that is WRONG !! further more imagine the COST for him to make a body and what it would look like ?

Peter T.
      Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 14-12-20, 05:31 AM.

Comment

FRIENDS........I am pleased to announce that NOW .. we have a ''NEW'' term for our metalshaping tips and tricks from...... You know who

IT'S called...... wait for it.......... ( prototype ....FSP ???????) Now,.... if I was a beginner or wanting to learn the basics I would be REALLY confused

just watch this and let me know of your thoughts,.........and try to find a name for the NEW gadget..... the curved pipe

as you know , YES I do make some criticism, but also I have an open mind to new ways or methods that works .....or suggestions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3yI3RWN7Ds&t=148s N 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlnf-4nKk68 N 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WOT5jcnJZg N 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux0-5rBmpI0 N4

if you like to learn properly......DO NOT do it that way ! It's frustrating, time consuming, you will be guessing most of the time , and creates a lot of unnecessary work , At the end it probably will not fit or.it would need a lot of work to get it right , or.. Lot's of $$$$$$$$ spent for the poor client .
        and if you where working for someone , you would be dismissed within the first hour

Take a closer look at what happens to the the ''reverse'' that he has made when he shrinks for the 3rd time between 20.35 and 24.37 minutes on the 2nd video...and what are you seeing ? .....The ''reverse'' is popping back up which means BACK TO DRAWING BOARD or start again also have a look at the end of the video where the original blue circle is ?
        ...He simply moved the panel so it looks good for the viewers, the blue circle (which is the tail light hole ) is about 2 inches away from where it should be ???? AND...... he put's the reverse back again ,this time with the slapper . Then on video N 3 at 10.33 he has a problem with the excess material on the return,so he goes ahead and do some more work (shrink ,stretch, wheel etc ... BUT... at 15.26 when the panel is put back on the buck he has not made any significant progress, the panel still looks the same ??.... I really do not know what the man is thinking ! So... all in all,

Now that we have video N 4 ... (as a GOOD EXAMPLE ON HOW MUCH OUR FRIEND KNOWS I want you guys to check video N 3 at PRECISELY 14.23 MINUTES when he re block the tail light section [QUOTE]..... (because it's touching the wire ) THEN ..... on video N 4 ...PRECISELY at 10.37 ... he said [QUOTE] .....we need to do some more shrinking here etc etc. SO NOW HE DOES SOME SHRINKING ON THE SAME AREA ,WHERE A VIDEO AGO ....(N 3) ... HE WAS DOING THE STRETCHING ??????? So what does he actually doing here ? Apart screwing the whole panel up again ?

The name of the pattern where he get's his his info is different, BUT the F**K up are the same,........... nothing changes there I am afraid

Peter T.
        Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 07-01-21, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Wow. I'm a real novice, but that all looks so wrong. Shouldn't he be making the pieces differently rather than trying to put all that shape in one piece?
          Pugsy

Comment

Damn it every time I try watching those video's I fall asleep
            David Bradbury

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1845.png Views:	6 Size:	446.8 KB ID:	4915 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1846.png Views:	5 Size:	443.1 KB ID:	4916 Click image for larger version  Name:	5D3F1838-40E7-458E-8107-23D93EC56038.png Views:	0 Size:	911.0 KB ID:	4914 Like and Subscribe.... latest video.

More chuckles for 2021....

Have you Signed up for his new lesson ....20% off you know....

day1 .... Health and safety / talking about paper patterns

day 2..... talking about the evolution of the Famous FSP.

day 3 .... taken all day to do it.

day 4.....Getting yourself unstuck and using a Shrinking facilitator and Metal Pipe( must get round to welding a bit on it).

day 5..... learning Advanced Proto type FSP

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Happy New Year Gents.....
              Last edited by Moving molecules .; 31-12-20, 11:02 PM.
              https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

Comment

Name for the curved pipe; "Stuffed if I Know Anvil".

Hasn't the bastard ever heard of a sand bag, or a stump?

I can't watch him and I would be seriously pissed off if I had paid money to go to his workshop.

I would much rather watch the masters at workπŸ™‚

Cheers Charlie

PS Peter will you be holding any classes this year, I am itching to come over?

Comment

i almost posted a comment about why he makes up different words for things rather than calling a paper pattern, a paper pattern. it then becomes a prototype FSP but i found sense to not do that.

i could sense another argument coming from it and i didn't want him to lose another lol
                  thanks neil

Comment

Originally posted by Chazza View Post
                    Name for the curved pipe; "Stuffed if I Know Anvil".

Hasn't the bastard ever heard of a sand bag, or a stump?

I can't watch him and I would be seriously pissed off if I had paid money to go to his workshop.

I would much rather watch the masters at workπŸ™‚

Cheers Charlie

PS Peter will you be holding any classes this year, I am itching to come over?
                    The minute that my shoulder is better I will start classes in 2021 + some more video's

Comment

• Originally posted by 123pugsy View Post
                      Wow. I'm a real novice, but that all looks so wrong. Shouldn't he be making the pieces differently rather than trying to put all that shape in one piece?

Some panels are just too time consuming to make in one piece ,is not that it can not be done , but simply time consuming . So.... that panel is so simple to make in 2 pieces simply by doing this...................

N 1 simply create the return by stretching the bulbous shape at the top of half the guard, then refine the return by stretching the edge and work it on a sand bag+ a little wheeling with the right anvil to smooth off .

N 2 make the left top of the guard by shaping the bulbous shape working your way down with a little shape blend and bend over your knees, adjust bend to suit , line up the two panels cut and weld the two pieces together JOB DONE !

possibly 5/ 7 hours work total finishing up with a panel that needs NO FURTHER WORK !

Peter T.
                      Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 01-01-21, 06:10 AM.

Comment

• 123pugsy
                        123pugsy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks.
                        I'm curious to see how he will gather all that material now without cutting it.

• Originally posted by neilb View Post
                      i almost posted a comment about why he makes up different words for things rather than calling a paper pattern, a paper pattern. it then becomes a prototype FSP but i found sense to not do that.

i could sense another argument coming from it and i didn't want him to lose another lol
                      You know what Neil ..............
                      You should comment on the video, after all you have done something similar , and what you have done, it's done WELL and the RIGHT way. so why not comment on that crap

Peter T.
                      Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 01-01-21, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Tommasini View Post

You know what Neil ..............
                        You should comment on the video, after all you have done something similar , and what you have done, it's done WELL and the RIGHT way. so why not comment on that crap

Peter T.
                        well i asked what i thought was genuine and honest as i did feel confused at first, you will understand why i asked the question but will be even more confused with the answer i got....

Neil
                        i'm confused as to why a paper pattern is now known as a prototype flexible shaped pattern?

Highlighted reply
                        Wray Schelin's ProShaper Workshop7 hours ago
                        Question one: because it is all taped up to hold the shape. If it just lays back flat it is a paper pattern.
                        Read moreREPLY

well that cleared it up.......
                        thanks neil

Comment

• Originally posted by neilb View Post

well i asked what i thought was genuine and honest as i did feel confused at first, you will understand why i asked the question but will be even more confused with the answer i got....

Neil
                          i'm confused as to why a paper pattern is now known as a prototype flexible shaped pattern?

Highlighted reply
                          Wray Schelin's ProShaper Workshop7 hours ago
                          Question one: because it is all taped up to hold the shape. If it just lays back flat it is a paper pattern.
                          Read moreREPLY

well that cleared it up.......
                          I don't understand. What good is that? Won't it just lie to you like the FSP does? And what if you try to mark your lines with it? Won't they be in a different place than where they should be on the sheet? I accidentally made one of those doing the 1st paper pattern on the roof skin I'm working on. You can't get it to lay out flat so that you can mark the sheet. So if you try everything will be in the wrong place. Seems really silly all this mumbo jumbo. Instead of being able to read what the panel is telling him and do that he makes these gadgets that can't read it for him. Didn't he say once the traditional way is too slow and painstaking? Watch the Geoff Moss vids and tell me that is still true.
                          Honestly it seems that long ago when he was learning he could'nt grasp the concepts of being able to read the panel, know what it is telling him and do that. So all these gadgets like the FSP are crutches for that inherent lack of understanding. You guys agree?

This is a great thread and one I will link too when on other forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Tommasini View Post

The minute that my shoulder is better I will start classes in 2021 + some more video's
                            Rock on!

Here's to Covid not being a problem.

Don't forget me Peter,

Cheers Charlie

Comment

• ok so in what's known as full disclosure i omitted a little text from my question to *cough cough* someone's friend's video.... i replied to his response very simply as though to slowly back away from the conversation lol. i got a reply back which made me chuckle so here is the full conversation:-

Neil b20 hours ago (edited)
                              i'm confused as to why a paper pattern is now known as a prototype flexible shaped pattern? also any chance you could show how to do a 356 coupe quarter panel in steel? i have one to make, thanksREPLY

Hide 3 replies

Highlighted reply
                              Wray Schelin's ProShaper Workshop19 hours ago
                              Question one: because it is all taped up to hold the shape. If it just lays back flat it is a paper pattern. Question two: make a shape accurately you need a buck or a panel to copy. The process is the same whether you are making Duesenberg fenders or model A fenders.
                              Show lessREPLY

Neil b11 hours ago
                              @Wray Schelin's ProShaper Workshop i have one to copy but it was the process i was interested in seeing, but thank you for your replyREPLY

Wray Schelin's ProShaper Workshop9 hours ago
                              @Neil b I sell the correct flexible shape pattern tape kit on my website. www.notaproshaper.comREPLY

i wonder if i sold that tape kit at say $40 would it be worth while...... lol, sorry i had to adjust the web address, couldn't help it
                              thanks neil

Comment

Working...
                              X