• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neilb
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris_Hamilton View Post

https://www.proshaper.com/metal-shap...class-options/

The "Master" program @$15000 USD looks appealing doesn't it?
    Originally posted by Peter Tommasini View Post

What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I just feel over my chair
    At today exchange rate $15000 US is equal to $21900 AU gee... I am not charging enough my 120 hours class (3 weeks ) is $ 3600 AU that is for people in Melbourne, a bit more for the others States in Australia and over seas, and is (to do with accommodations )
    Peter T.
    it seems you should be charging way more!... in fact i should start to do classes and charge what you charge now and you could do the master classes and charge 15k aud lol.

that is simply staggering what is being charged

Leave a comment:

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    Originally posted by kenc View Post
    For anyone who doubts Peter's ability - I don't think there are any regular visitors here who do but FWIW as they say - a few years back I took a small practice buck to a metal meet and had a very famous American metalshaper have a go. He gave up with it maybe half done stating it was a 10/10 for difficulty. When I showed it to Peter Tommasini at my house some time after that he looked at it, went over to my wheel and turned out a perfect 100% fit panel in maybe an hour or so. and I mean a perfect fit to the buck and the finish? It was like "chrome plate". Peter said it didn't seem like a very difficult panel at all. LOL.
    Ken I remember that panel well it was not that difficult at all that theory and practice was shown to all the students at schools on the first Year of their training by master teachers in England and Australia my bet would be if that panel was given to our friend in question here,..... and he was to use the FSP + using all of that pressure on the wheel he would just make a BIG mess of it !!.............. (put money on it !!)

Again anybody thinking that I am exaggerating when referring to our friend work and theory, please watch the pressure that Geoff and I use when wheeling a panel
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 10-26-2019, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    Originally posted by joeswamp View Post

It is interesting to compare your Ferrari nose with a Geoff Moss Jaguar bonnet, because it seems both you guys agree on where to put the welds. You both make the front nose in one piece, and then you both make a weld inboard of the "hump" formed by the wheel. Is this widely agreed upon by the experts?

Geoff Moss welds the hood scoop inboard/above the valley, and so he avoids making the flange on the hood scoop. He does need to make an upward lip on the flat piece though, I wonder if this is better because the weld is now on the higher crown scoop and maybe it's easier to deal with distortion?
    that is exactly why the welds are there (avoid distortions and easier to do ) any experts will do it that way every time , not only that compare the finish of the bonnets to the one our friend did !!! Geoff is a professional and does know is job. Our friend IS NOT AN EXPERT AND CERTNALLY DOES NOT KNOW MUCH PERIOD !!!!!! I tell you what...for $15000 US for a (''master'' program ) I would not like to be thought that theory, or that way or anything else our friend is prepared to offers it's simply the wrong way ....... am I to critical you think ?................. Just watch the links I posted

Leave a comment:

• Peter Tommasini
    replied

What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I just feel over my chair
    At today exchange rate $15000 US is equal to $21900 AU gee... I am not charging enough my 120 hours class (3 weeks ) is $ 3600 AU that is for people in Melbourne, a bit more for the others States in Australia and over seas, and is (to do with accommodations )
    Peter T.
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 10-26-2019, 09:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• joeswamp
    replied
    In order to train your eyes on these things just look and study the link from Geoff Moss I posted and see where the welds should be .The welds are where the sand paper marks are on the shining surfaces
    It is interesting to compare your Ferrari nose with a Geoff Moss Jaguar bonnet, because it seems both you guys agree on where to put the welds. You both make the front nose in one piece, and then you both make a weld inboard of the "hump" formed by the wheel. Is this widely agreed upon by the experts?

Geoff Moss welds the hood scoop inboard/above the valley, and so he avoids making the flange on the hood scoop. He does need to make an upward lip on the flat piece though, I wonder if this is better because the weld is now on the higher crown scoop and maybe it's easier to deal with distortion?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ferrari Nose.png Views:	0 Size:	684.5 KB ID:	2000Click image for larger version  Name:	Moss Jag Bonnet.png Views:	0 Size:	253.6 KB ID:	2002

Wray of course puts his welds in very different places. About the only similarity is the front nose piece -- his has similar boundaries to Geoff's except that it's made in two pieces.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FSP Jag Bonnet.png Views:	0 Size:	532.3 KB ID:	2004
    Attached Files
    Last edited by joeswamp; 10-26-2019, 05:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kenc
    replied
    For anyone who doubts Peter's ability - I don't think there are any regular visitors here who do but FWIW as they say - a few years back I took a small practice buck to a metal meet and had a very famous American metalshaper have a go. He gave up with it maybe half done stating it was a 10/10 for difficulty. When I showed it to Peter Tommasini at my house some time after that he looked at it, went over to my wheel and turned out a perfect 100% fit panel in maybe an hour or so. and I mean a perfect fit to the buck and the finish? It was like "chrome plate". Peter said it didn't seem like a very difficult panel at all. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Hamilton
    replied

Not my business but ... just for curiosity sake do you know how much is the various classes charges?
    Peter T.

Leave a comment:

• dennis
    replied
    Just tried to watch the N9A video and found it painfull [Bashing the metal really irritating ], Nothing flowed from one section to the next and there was no control of the panel.Then watched all four of Geof Mosses videos which was a pleasure because he had control of the panel all the way through, Each step flowed from one step to the next as he caressed the panel into shape and he explained what he is doing in each step,then put it into practice. You can really see who the tradesman is.
    Regards Dennis

Leave a comment:

• Blue62
    replied

Yea .. I am sorry for the delay but I was busy for our Mottorclassica set up in Melbourne last week, where I attended for 3 days + the 3 days for setting up and 2 days to clear out and re setting in my shop, I am a little behind but I will post the video soon
    Peter T.
    I see you a very busy person that is a good thing keeps you young.
    Always look forward to anything new from you, videos ,pictures, comments .

Leave a comment:

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    Old saying, kinda applicable here. Those who can......do (do the work for a living) Those who can't....teach. BTW He charges a fortune for his classes as well. Sigh.
    Not my business but ... just for curiosity sake do you know how much is the various classes charges?
    Peter T.

Leave a comment:

• cliffrod
    replied
    Study the right experts and practice the right ways. Ignore & avoid the rest totally, completely and without exception.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Hamilton
    replied
    Old saying, kinda applicable here. Those who can......do (do the work for a living) Those who can't....teach. BTW He charges a fortune for his classes as well. Sigh.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    Originally posted by 123pugsy View Post
    What is this N 9 A video you speak of ? I don't see a link.
    Sorry ......... as a rule in my business I personally do not mention names but I am sure you will find out soon enough from someone else.
    Having said that if you find out what we are talking about, you might want to check the two links on my opening comment first , then all of the follow ups on those two links , then check the video N 9 A ..................then make your own mind, .... if you like you can comment on them all

Peter T.
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 10-25-2019, 12:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• neilb
    replied
    Originally posted by 123pugsy View Post
    it's here :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2u1ORcYvaA&t=1829s i had started to watch this but at halfway through i had the same feelings as i did with the first video.... watching the edge curl over when he is blocking out the hump, and him saying he will shrink it to lift up the bulge, then he puts it on the wheel and stretches the shrinks out wtf?

not the way i have learnt and done all the reverse curves on my project porsche

too painful to watch sorry

Leave a comment:

• 123pugsy
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X