Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving molecules .
    replied
    The Maglio is a power hammer which is steeped in history.....

Leave a comment:

• neilb
    commented on 's reply
    i'm not too sure if it was called a maglio helve hammer?, the wheel is an english machine, european coach builders where more towards hammers. i'm sure peter will confirm this

• Moving molecules .
    replied
    Great stuff Peter, just out of interest the Italian coachbuilders used to stretch metal over a big Square thick lumps of metal was that block of Steel called anything special ??? Because early Ferrari,s had these dimple marks.
    is your old company still going and is there any history out there?.

I started a L&C BMW in Royal Tunbridge Wells in 1988 ... it’s now a block of Flats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D90F6FC7-B907-4456-B3B4-EB5CB3354DA5.png
Views:	49
Size:	489.4 KB
ID:	2770
    Last edited by Moving molecules .; 03-21-2020, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• neilb
    commented on 's reply
    no chance of doing that with a hot dog die

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    Originally posted by Moving molecules . View Post
    Great stuff, can you tell us how it was , when you started out in Italy.
    that was one hell of a big E Wheel...🤣
    Back in 1968 at Scaglietti's.. it was more or less the same what's on on the video , poor conditions in the working area ...no masks, very little work safe and little pay , But I would do it all over again, it was a BIG learning curve for me
    Peter T.

Leave a comment:

• 123pugsy
    replied
    Nice. I wish I would have seen that before I made the reverses for my project.

Leave a comment:

• Moving molecules .
    replied
    Great stuff, can you tell us how it was , when you started out in Italy.
    that was one hell of a big E Wheel...🤣
    Last edited by Moving molecules .; 03-18-2020, 09:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    Guys here another video showing the same principle to make a reverse curve used in metalshaping ... but in a much bigger scale , NOTE!! no stretching on the middle of the radius .
    Peter T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuo2...ature=youtu.be

Leave a comment:

• Rex_A_Lott
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Tommasini View Post
    Rex It's more than OK to post that video here ....thank you ! Brings back beautiful memories and that is exactly how it was done back then at Scaglietti. it was a good learning curve for me 51 Years ago, and in some ways I continue to work that way now days . But instead of the Maglio , when I emigrated from Italy to Australia I adapted the English wheel method, but some time I use the hammer as well (regarding the video.).. by the look of the shop it was around the Year 1957 /1962
    Peter T.
    Glad you enjoyed the video, I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Still amazes me how they went from a few masurements with a folding rule, to a paper pattern, to a car body. I got a long way to go!

Leave a comment:

• neilb
    replied
    great video! loved watching it

thank you for posting

Leave a comment:

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    Rex It's more than OK to post that video here ....thank you ! Brings back beautiful memories and that is exactly how it was done back then at Scaglietti. it was a good learning curve for me 51 Years ago, and in some ways I continue to work that way now days . But instead of the Maglio , when I emigrated from Italy to Australia I adapted the English wheel method, but some time I use the hammer as well (regarding the video.).. by the look of the shop it was around the Year 1957 /1962
    Peter T.
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 10-03-2019, 09:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rex_A_Lott
    started a topic Interesting video

Interesting video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaiQT5SvAoA

Just an interesting video I found, shows a lot about the traditional methods of build a racer. Hope its OK to post this here.Enjoy.
Working...
X