Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaiQT5SvAoA

Just an interesting video I found, shows a lot about the traditional methods of build a racer. Hope its OK to post this here.Enjoy.

Rex It's more than OK to post that video here ....thank you ! Brings back beautiful memories and that is exactly how it was done back then at Scaglietti. it was a good learning curve for me 51 Years ago, and in some ways I continue to work that way now days . But instead of the Maglio , when I emigrated from Italy to Australia I adapted the English wheel method, but some time I use the hammer as well (regarding the video.).. by the look of the shop it was around the Year 1957 /1962
    Peter T.
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 10-03-2019, 10:46 AM.

Comment

great video! loved watching it

thank you for posting
      thanks neil

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Tommasini View Post
        Rex It's more than OK to post that video here ....thank you ! Brings back beautiful memories and that is exactly how it was done back then at Scaglietti. it was a good learning curve for me 51 Years ago, and in some ways I continue to work that way now days . But instead of the Maglio , when I emigrated from Italy to Australia I adapted the English wheel method, but some time I use the hammer as well (regarding the video.).. by the look of the shop it was around the Year 1957 /1962
        Peter T.
        Glad you enjoyed the video, I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Still amazes me how they went from a few masurements with a folding rule, to a paper pattern, to a car body. I got a long way to go!

Comment

Working...
        X