Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Healey rear guard

Hi Guys,
    As promised, here is part 1 of making the Austin Healey rear guard.
    Enjoy
    Peter T.

PS part 2A / 2B and part 3 are on this forum on page 3
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 23-03-21, 08:14 AM.

Thanks Peter.
    Pugsy

Comment

Originally posted by Moving molecules .
      Thank you Peter, l will Watch it with the boys..... a little bit longer...... at dinner time.👍😉🥂

on a serious note how is your arm.?

cheers Matt , Dan & Toby...... And maybe Neil from CKL developments..... If we can afford him.😉
      Before the filming I thought that I was going to be OK with the blocking,but after 3/4 of an hour I started to feel some pain ...... that is why I got Neil to do the rest of the blocking

I am sure that I will be OK soon ( I hope ).................
      Peter T.

Comment

Thank you Peter for sharing the video. I've watched some of it, I just need to NOT read the comments as I get pissed when the invariable comments about our friend come up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Hamilton View Post
          Thank you Peter for sharing the video. I've watched some of it, I just need to NOT read the comments as I get pissed when the invariable comments about our friend come up.
          Funny you mention about some of the comments People are under the impression that I HATE Wray..... WELL..... I DO NOT!..... PERIOD I

I think he is a nice guy, and does only what he has been taught , he has learned from his grandfather and ( I am told ) some tricks from Ron Fournier ) and back in those days there where very few people around in the US with the English knowledge of panel making, ........the trade was then learned via books .
          All I can say, is that Wray methods are a bit strange .
          Peter

Comment

Thank you so much for this video Peter, it is one of the clearest presentations I've seen. The shrinking discussion was especially helpful, I'm quite surprised so little shrinking was required to make such a curvy panel -- I now completely understand your comments in the other thread. Amazing how much was accomplished in so little time, there was no wasted effort here!

Comment

• filthypig
              filthypig commented
              Editing a comment
              lol sorry peter I think I started another shit fight with the picking on wray comment lol I was just hangin shit lol but on the bright side I found this forum better than all the others

Great Video Peter, I love that even though you are physically unable with certain things that your passion still drives you, and to show your teachings like this, you are one special Human being, and also nice job by Neil to take over the blocking. He has come a long way under your wing.
            Cheers Reedy.
            Cheers Reedy,

There's nothing as Sweet as a EK V8

Comment

Wow!

I think of all your movies Peter, this one stands out as absolutely fantastic!

Things I loved;
              • Colour referencing on the panel and in the dialogue.
              • Really good camera work.
              • Superb explanation of where to block and what will happen to the panel.
              • Brilliantly clear explanation of the paper-pattern.

Top work fellas!

Look after your wing Peter and thank you,

Cheers Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by OldnEK View Post
                Great Video Peter, I love that even though you are physically unable with certain things that your passion still drives you, and to show your teachings like this, you are one special Human being, and also nice job by Neil to take over the blocking. He has come a long way under your wing.
                Cheers Reedy.
                thank you
                Peter T.

Comment

Originally posted by Chazza View Post
                  Wow!

I think of all your movies Peter, this one stands out as absolutely fantastic!

Things I loved;
                  • Colour referencing on the panel and in the dialogue.
                  • Really good camera work.
                  • Superb explanation of where to block and what will happen to the panel.
                  • Brilliantly clear explanation of the paper-pattern.

Top work fellas!

Look after your wing Peter and thank you,

Cheers Charlie
                  Thank you Charlie for being here
                  Peter T.
                  Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 05-03-21, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the video, Peter. That's why I don't watch the others. The explanation of process helps me a lot. I'm trying to better understand what will happen 2-3 steps beyond the present . Your intent to teach that way really matters to me. The patterns and placement markings are a lot of help. The only thing I would ask is possibly including a simple straight edge at the early stages of a panel like this so it's easier to see what "a little shape" means to you vs what it means to the rest of us who might add too much. Again- Thank you very much.

And all I can say to Neil is to enjoy being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Originally posted by cliffrod View Post
                      Thank you for the video, Peter. That's why I don't watch the others. The explanation of process helps me a lot. I'm trying to better understand what will happen 2-3 steps beyond the present . Your intent to teach that way really matters to me. The patterns and placement markings are a lot of help. The only thing I would ask is possibly including a simple straight edge at the early stages of a panel like this so it's easier to see what "a little shape" means to you vs what it means to the rest of us who might add too much. Again- Thank you very much.

And all I can say to Neil is to enjoy being in the right place at the right time....
                      Cliff how are you ? Glad you like the video stay tuned for part 2 and 3 .

PS I will try to show the shape next time........ (hope I can remenber ) LOL

Peter T.

Comment

Forgot to mention how much I enjoyed the tour of your workshop as well,

Cheers Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Tommasini View Post

Cliff how are you ? Glad you like the video stay tuned for part 2 and 3 .

PS I will try to show the shape next time........ (hope I can remenber ) LOL

Peter T.
                          Peter, I really did enjoy it. Not interested in pandering or any of that crap.. I'm just tired of the typical fumbling/regurgitating idiot bs that is normal and EVERYWHERE on the internet. unless you or Jim say "do it this way", I could care less.Like I keep saying- choose your Masters well.

It's good to see a man say what he's going to do, then just do it without a bunch of fast talk or fancy editing to hide his mistakes and have a real result in hand. What you can do and how you do it is what I want to do. I like knowing that some of what you are sharing with and teaching us came from men like Mr Peach and others you worked with- that really means a lot to me. My Masters that taught me did so because they expect certain things from me, even if it's unspoken. We're only caretakers of the craft that we do. Hopefully you know what I mean.

Will talked me into taking a class from you,. I had my reservations, if not actual doubts. Absolutely no regrets. You are a true Master. I'm glad to have learned and to keep learning from you. Thanks, man.

Comment

Fantastic video peter,
                            Don't know if you remember but I have tried to make that panel a number of times.
                            Seven or eight times I think and I could never get it right.
                            So after watching this video I may attempt another try.
                            Nice to have help when you need it thank Niel for us and also thank your camera person for us they did a great job.
                            great shop tour the E-type looks great.
                            Looking forward to the next video.
                            Thanks for all you do for us and take care of the shoulders, we are not getting any younger
                            David Bradbury

Comment

Working...
                            X