Name:	SAM_4220.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	770Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_4227.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	771

I had some spare time today, here is the result of approximately 3 hours worth of work. A little bit more to go, but not that far off.
    Also we have been filming and will put a video up of the build in a couple of weeks.

Peter T.

Looking forward to the video.

Comment

Great to see this being done step by step. Pete.

Regards Dennis

Comment

Will .... there are 2 video's loaded on the patterns making for the Ferrari front
        Peter T.

Comment

That is the results of three hours of work?? Good lord I work on the same piece for hours and hours
          David Bradbury

Comment

David.... there still a bit to go, possibly another 2/3 hours, total I would say between 5/6 hours, but it's coming along nicely
            Peter T.

Comment

Thanks for the pics and the general time required, Peter. Having a time frame for comparison helps motivate me to do better and work faster, even though the projects here are far less significant.

Comment

I must say that when I develop my simple parts and make them using Peter's techniques, I ignore the time component and just enjoy learning new skills. When I make more, I concentrate on time and motion.

It may seem strange, but I still get pleasure from remembering my first tuck-shrink and my first buck.

All thanks to Peter's DVD's,

Cheers Charlie

Comment

Hi,
                  I just watched the video series, very clean, easy, detailed information. It is always interesting and great to see how other people approach a panel. For the grill to hood area at the return, my thought would have been to make it two piece and gas weld on the return into the opening, at the high light line. My reasoning is the fear of trying to blend from the blocked area into the low crown. It is obvious that Peter can and has done it and it works.

I know one thing I'm guilty of, is not using enough templetes and profile gauges when building my panels. I rely on my paper pattern and the buck, but the gauge would help immensely.

Thanks for posting the videos, always great info.

​Bill
                  Last edited by Bill Tromblay; 08-30-2019, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Bill
                    That front panel YES it could be done in two pieces, but think of the blending of the two when wheeling , then the cut, (which MUST be perfect ) clamping, then tacking, welding + plenishing and re wheeling, possibly filing + if the panel has been tig welded, then the grinding of the weld inside and out is also time consuming...... that just would take too long. I normally make a panel in two pieces only when the panel is too long and awkward to wheel on my own or if a return is involved where it's risky to put weld trough it or near it. Having said that there is nothing wrong in making a particular panel in two pieces. Now days with my handbuilt plenishing hammer set up, I can shape a ferly large panel on my own do to the fact hat it's self supported on the post and die.
                    Peter T.

Comment

I watched the videos you posted about the paper patterns, and they were outstanding! Thanks for sharing your knowledge and taking the time to film and share that with us. I havent yet figured out how to comment on YouTube, but when I do I will .

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_A_Lott View Post
                        I watched the videos you posted about the paper patterns, and they were outstanding! Thanks for sharing your knowledge and taking the time to film and share that with us. I havent yet figured out how to comment on YouTube, but when I do I will .
                        You need to be logged into to a google account.

Comment

Working...
                        X