Ferrari 275GTB rhd 6 Carb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari 275GTB rhd 6 Carb.

Hi Gang, hope you’re all okay and moving forward with your project, here in the UK the weather is picking up and is very hot, in the evenings I’ve been re-watching Peters YouTube videos on the Ferrari front end and I must say he’s bloody good.
    after a tremendous career in metal shaping we are blessed to have one of the finest craftsman on this forum.
    here in the UK I have the task of re-making a complete front end of a Classic Ferrari 275GTB….. which I hope will go to plan, I haven’t got a Buck !!!!
    but we can keep the old front end.
    I will make up loads of profile gauges and work from the centreline out when we have the car mounted on the Jig.

wish me luck.
    Last edited by Moving molecules .; 20-07-21, 09:44 PM.
    https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

Good luck with it.
    Pugsy

Comment

will the existing front end need repairs or correction before use as a pattern?

Comment

Very good point…. It looks like it’s had a N/S hit , so we will re move the Porsche on to a roll over because it’s ready for its New floor, and then we can use the New jig to find out how bad this old donkey is.
        When it was all painted in glossy red paint the N/S wing is very close to the Wheel rim.

Will report back when car is on the Jig.

Will make some Headlight & indicator jig Pods like the old days…. But will make out of solid Aluminium so I can incorporate it into the Jig.

Comment

Pictures pictures we all like pictures
          David Bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Blue62 View Post
            Pictures pictures we all like pictures
            Hi David, in this heat you can come and help us.😅😅😅
            Will take some pics soon when it’s on the Jig.
            Last edited by Moving molecules .; 20-07-21, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moving molecules . View Post
              Hi David, in this heat you can come and help us.😅😅😅
              Will take some pics soon when it’s on the Jig.
              I would love to come help but I don't like the heat😂😂😂
              More importantly your across the pond from me and it's big pond😁😁😁
              David Bradbury

Comment

Way back in the 80's I worked on a few of those models . Some where imported from England and some where Australian delivery .The ones imported....WELL I do not have to mention the rust factor
                Peter T.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	7D044F3F-400F-48E3-9A35-D430CD7D5693.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.36 MB ID:	6809 Click image for larger version  Name:	807F3907-55AA-440D-92CF-AC29A4DE67EF.png Views:	0 Size:	659.3 KB ID:	6808 Click image for larger version  Name:	98971DF1-B946-476E-BED8-ECD5A10558FB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	152.3 KB ID:	6807
                  Originally posted by Peter Tommasini View Post
                  Way back in the 80's I worked on a few of those models . Some where imported from England and some where Australian delivery .The ones imported....WELL I do not have to mention the rust factor
                  Peter T.
                  Great stuff Pete, that Alloy one l did last year all secret squirrel…. Has been down to New Zealand.

hope you’re doing well Peter have you got any students yet….👍

Last edited by Moving molecules .; 21-07-21, 10:11 AM.

Comment

No classes are available while lock down is on
                    Peter T.

Comment

• Ron Kirkpatrick
                      Ron Kirkpatrick commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Is Australia requiring that vaccine shot to get in? I have had two family members die from the shot. Us injuns don’t take to American medicine well.

Are you on Covid lock down again over there?
                    Damn.
                    How long this time???

David Bradbury

Comment

• neilb
                      neilb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      just until next wednesday i believe david, i don't pay much attention to the news as it's all bad, and who want to hear bad news?... lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	DF73D847-6DB8-48CE-8046-2C1F0B8181E0.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	6827

Click image for larger version

Name:	2D457621-6E5D-4A84-904C-39979FBB8C08.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	6826

It’s on the Jig in all it’s glory.

Comment

Looks to have a bad case of small-pox!

Comment

A bit of rash there.
                        you will have it fixed up in no time
                        David Bradbury

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	A5F53108-14A7-4EA8-B5BA-75E35F05F5F2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.80 MB ID:	7069 Click image for larger version  Name:	CF20B388-ED78-437E-AE4D-48BB86FFF954.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.66 MB ID:	7068 Click image for larger version  Name:	04B4774F-E316-422D-8681-442EB8B600F3.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.56 MB ID:	7067 Click image for larger version  Name:	3638AA59-6235-4250-871A-1BA9725ED39B.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	146.3 KB ID:	7066 Hi Gang, more progress on the Ferrari with a lot of work already completed , l,m getting closer to making the front clip to this poor old car. So with torch in hand l,ve been finding out all the original gas welded joint lines.

Being steel it was interesting to note they welded a strip of metal around where the grill goes …. And only tipped the return about 10 mm …. Then gas welded on a 1 inch strip of metal……???….Normal for the day???.

In Peters Excellent YouTube video he shows you how to fabricate the front edge return in aluminium……
                          I can only imagine the Italians doing this ( weld on Strip of metal ) for speed.

l will also Gas weld the joints for authenticity….😉😎
                          Last edited by Moving molecules .; 11-09-21, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X