Floor stand with Compound pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor stand with Compound pedal

Ok, cannot claim to have thought of this. Someone on another forum did. They adapted the compound mechanism of a pair of locking vise grip pliers to a foot pedal floor stand for their lancaster-style shrinker. I got this old cast iron foot pedal stand, originally part of a a Miter Chopper guillotine frame shear, a few years ago at a thrift store to use for just such a purpose. During the past few weeks, I've been addressing these lingering projects.

The compound mechanism works well. I extended the multiplier triangular piece a little for some extra travel. Since I was making brackets to attach the pivot points to the base, I wanted to make sure it all worked ok.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9207.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	4956 .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9208.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	4955

I still need to do some fine tuning. Everything is assembled with handy used bolts, washers as shims, etc. It is important to have the return spring located at or forward of the pivot point on the pedal. If you locate it at the rear, where the actuation rod connects, it locks in place when pedal is at the bottom of the travel. Not cool. Otherwise, I'm very happy.

clever !
    Peter T.

Comment

Working...
    X