My Jiggly Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good, Dennis.

Everything you're posting helps me realize it's a good thing I just cheated and bought my big jiggly machine already made. Even if I got a lathe, mill & all the materials, it's hard to imagine when I would have time to get so much work properly done to build a machine.

Comment

Hi All
      Time for some more on the Jiggly Machine
      Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010581.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1583 Next i machined the toolholder to join to the conrod then machined a slot to take 3/4 keysteel which i use for making tools and toolholders, then i drilled and tapped four holes, Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010584.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	1584 two either side of the slot to take a cap to hold the tools.I will add pics of this set up later.
      Next i welded the frames together Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010585.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	1585Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010583.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1586 Then made plates to join the bottom arm to the main frame [this allows for a small amount of wiggle room needed to align the upper and lower toolholders] , pic also shows how the tool lifter works.
      I will have to go and take some more pics of the machine as these are all i have saved on my puter at the moment, So that's it for now i have to go and hit cars with hammers.
      Regards Dennis

Comment

Hi All

Name:	P1010618.JPG
Views:	100
ID:	1588 This photo shows the frame pieces welded up and the top setup for the tool lifter from the side view,This also shows the toolholders in place,but not aligned yet. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010611.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1589 I wanted height adjustment on the lower toolholder so i made holders for the toolholders which are mounted to the bottom arms which allow the inner piece to be raised or lowered,to stop the holder from rotating i machined a flat on the lenght of the lower shaft and just use a bolt in a tapped hole to hold it square. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010622.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1590 You can see the bolt just below the toolholder and at the bottom of the arm is the height adjuster,Also in this photo is the alignment bar which is a piece of 3/4 keysteel just used during setup. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020262.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1591 And the last photo shows the motor mounted to a frame which is bolted to the main body of the machine with slotted holes for belt adjustment Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020272.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1592 This is the plate to hold the tool in the toolholder, We have found it only needs two bolts to hold the tool properly. The machine is up and running and i use a foot on/off [one push for run and a second push for off ] pedal for starting and stopping.and it works well. Next i will show the dies i have made so far.
        Regards Dennis

Comment

• ekdave
          ekdave commented
          Editing a comment
          oldnek has one in ullaula now so hopefully we with see some magic come from his shop with the machine too

Name:	P1020273.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1644 Hi All
        Here are the die holders i have made ,The dies are inserts and this set were for the inner wheelarch for a early holden.

Name:	P1020274.JPG
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1645 A set of thumbnail dies

Name:	P1020275.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1646 This set is used to form a bead at the edge of a front guard [Early Anglia]

Name:	P1020276.JPG
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	1647 This set is for a rear window opening.

Name:	P1020277.JPG
Views:	67
ID:	1648 And my range of radius dies So far I tend to make these as needed, I do have a toolholder to fit these in so i can change dies in about 30 seconds,The white one is made out of nylon and is standing up well. I will update as i make more dies and parts.
        Hope you liked my build description,If you have any questions just ask.
        Regards Dennis

Comment

Nice work Dennis. What about a video of it in action?

Cheers Charlie

Comment

Hi All
            A pic of the inner wheelarch repair panel i made for a early holden with my jiggly machine, I tried to make this in one piece but had to relent and do two pieces, Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020254.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1782 Regards Dennis

Comment

You're making me want to get my machine off the lawn, into the building and running.... Like I needed more motivation.

Looks great, Dennis.

Comment

Name:	P1020225.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1795Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020226.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1796Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020227.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	1797Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020222.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1798 Here are some pics of the area before repairs started, You can see previous repairs done to panel in front of inner wheelarch, Why they were done in 4 strips i don't know. Will be done in a single panel up to the B pillar. [maybe they only had a sheet that was 100 mm wide] .
                Regards Dennis

Comment

Working...
                X