My Jiggly Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Jiggly Machine

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010619.JPG Views:	6 Size:	66.6 KB ID:	449

This is for you Neil,others can look too.
    I'll be the first to post a Jiggly Machine on here Build to Follow

Regards Dennis

oo fancy

looks good
    thanks neil

Comment

Looks cool Dennis. Looking forward to the build posts. So what does the Jiggly do?

Cheers, John

Comment

Hi John
        It's a reciprocating machine, A lighter smaller version of a pullmax. you fit different dies in the holders to do beads, forms, planishing,shrinking and stretching.
        Regards Dennis P.S. and it jiggles.

Comment

Looks good, Dennis. Thanks for posting.

Neil's jiggly machine build and the resulting work he posted was a big motivator in my decision to go with a reciprocating machine.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010545.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	552 Hi All From the start of the build, Metal cut to size for 3 machines Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010543.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	553 Top arms bored and drilled. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010555.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	554Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010548.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	555 Lifter mechanism finish bored and showing offset. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010550.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	556 Lifter shaft machined and trimmed to length. These machines are based on the Shopdog Machine designed by Richard K from the Metalmeet site,Plans are available from there so i will not put up sizes as they are on the plans. If anyone wants more information they can P.M. me.Thats it for this time, more to come.

Regards Dennis

Comment

Hi All ​ Lifter mechanism parts fitted together ​ and the bearings and pulleys
              ​ next the blanks for the adjustable stroke ​ Then machining the offset bores in on the blanks ​ Then marking out the part to do slitting operation ​ Then a picture of my shop buddy" Princess Rocksanna." How did that get in there. ​ Next the mainshaft showing the offsets.Still more to come
              RegardsDennis
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cliffrod View Post
                Looks good, Dennis. Thanks for posting.

Neil's jiggly machine build and the resulting work he posted was a big motivator in my decision to go with a reciprocating machine.
                So Neil, when do the royalties start for the Jiggly Machine tag?
                Cheers, Richard

Comment

Originally posted by dennis View Post
                  Hi All ​ Lifter mechanism parts fitted together ​ and the bearings and pulleys
                  ​ next the blanks for the adjustable stroke ​ Then machining the offset bores in on the blanks ​ Then marking out the part to do slitting operation ​ Then a picture of my shop buddy" Princess Rocksanna." How did that get in there. ​ Next the mainshaft showing the offsets.Still more to come
                  RegardsDennis
                  Hi Dennis,
                  I can only see one pic in your last post,

Cheers Charlie

Comment

Hi Charlie
                    Might be because i tried to post more than 5 pictures at once , Which picture can you see? They all show when i open the post.
                    Regards Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by dennis View Post
                      Hi Charlie
                      Might be because i tried to post more than 5 pictures at once , Which picture can you see? They all show when i open the post.
                      Regards Dennis
                      The one with the eccentric shafts on the bench top,

Cheers C

Comment

Originally posted by skintkarter View Post

So Neil, when do the royalties start for the Jiggly Machine tag?
                        umm that is a good question... lol
                        thanks neil

Comment

Now i can get back on the site ill have another go at pics Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010556.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	1237 Lifter parts fitted together,bearings and pulleys needed for the machine Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010544.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	1238 next the blanks needed for the adjustable stroke Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010554.JPG
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	1239 and the offset machined on the blanks Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010557.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	1240Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010558.JPG
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1241 and marked out for slitting,drilling and tapping.More to come
                          Regards Dennis

Comment

Hi All
                            Next will be the Mainshaft showing the other part of the adjustable offset Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010562.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1243 fitted to the shaft,then the pummel blocks fitted to the shafts Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010576.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1244Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010574.JPG
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	1245 then the sideplates for the pummel blocks were machined Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010571.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1246 then i made up dummy end plates to hold the bearing plates true while welding to the top plate,I missed taking pics of this bit,but you can see the welded pieces on the left side of this picClick image for larger version

Name:	P1010568.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1247More next time
                            Regards Dennis

Comment

Hi All
                              Next i made the conrod Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010575.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1249 Started with a plate of 1 inch thick aluminium bored the holes and finished the rest on the rotary table on the milling machine Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010579.JPG
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	1250 Then i machined the tubes for the lifter mechanism, including the slots for the lift handles shown here Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010569.JPG
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	1251 Next i turned the bushing holder and welded the mounting plate to it before taking to finished size then machined bushes to take the main toolholder shaft [seen here part machined] Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010578.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1252This was how they started ,then machined to thisClick image for larger version

Name:	P1010582.JPG
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1253 and you will have to wait till the next installment for more

Regards Dennis

Comment

Working...
                              X