Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of lower anvil for turning an edge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of lower anvil for turning an edge?

I have Peter's wheel and the anvils were from Hoosier Profiles. Flattest one I have is a 48" radius but the edges are rounded/radiused enough that it makes trying to turn an edge very difficult to impossible. So I need to get one that will work. What spec's should I tell Hoosier? I'm thinking a dead flat anvil? Specifically how much radius on the edges of the wheel will be too much?
    Thanks.

Originally posted by Chris_Hamilton View Post
    I have Peter's wheel and the anvils were from Hoosier Profiles. Flattest one I have is a 48" radius but the edges are rounded/radiused enough that it makes trying to turn an edge very difficult to impossible. So I need to get one that will work. What spec's should I tell Hoosier? I'm thinking a dead flat anvil? Specifically how much radius on the edges of the wheel will be too much?
    Thanks.
    Chris just get a dead flat one with two different edges on it ..meaning one edge is sharp , the other not so..... (about 1 / 1 and half mm radius on it ).
    The one from Hoosier with rounded radius ..... keep that one , it's very good to do return shapes , because of it's rounded radius , it will not dig in to a return radius when you wheeling it from the back . It's also good when wheeling a panel (like a door skin ) that is some what rounded at one end .
    Peter T,

PS ...I forgot to mention that I use two lower anvils like the one from Hoosier, they have 36 '' radius and 24'' radius
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 28-01-21, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Thank you Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Hamilton View Post
        Thank you Peter.
        You are welcome

Comment

Working...
        X