Fusion Tack Welding??.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Tack Welding??.

New one for me Fusion Tack WITH welding rod must be a new method from Wray.

l have a little Rod if it opens up.

New Video from Wray.Click image for larger version  Name:	2F5744B1-C7DA-4FA9-8D02-C85AE03F07C4.png Views:	0 Size:	360.8 KB ID:	5437
    https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

What more can I say about the man practice and ways
    Peter T.

Comment

I liked the weld seam next to the flange fold, and somehow he never got the fact that the low area was caused by weld shrinkage. Need to stretch the weld genius. Bumping it up only put the edge of the flange in compression, which you could see a wave in every time he flipped the fender over..
      Last edited by MP&C; 26-02-21, 06:35 AM.

Comment

When l was about 22 I went to a classic car restoration course set up by some old boys at Maidstone College twice a week six till 10.....

I did this for a year and the first thing I learnt was fusion gas welding..... by Christ was it difficult for me.... but like all things with practice and the old boys will tell me all the old tips of the trade.

Would love to meet them again but are probably not here.
        https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

Comment

• skintkarter
          skintkarter commented
          Editing a comment
          Did the same thing in New Zealand alongside my fitting and turning apprenticeship. One night a week at the local Tech for 2 years. Some great old boys, Course has gone, machines have all gone. One of the exercises was to wheel up a low crown panel, flange the edges, run them through the crimp rolls in the swage to set the crown and fit them into an angle iron frame 18"x18" which plugged into the side of the bench. 'Now lad, mark out and cut out a 6" square with this gas axe'. Now make a patch panel and walk it in with no filler. Planish and file
      Working...
      X