• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geoff Moss 356 bonnet in Aluminum

Thought y'all might enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov5VTZzOliM
    Sent from my Rotary Phone

I've had the youtube video of dom chinea holding his bonnet pop up in my feed, not watched it though as he gets on my nerves a bit, will watch this with geoff moss untill dom is in it

thanks for the posting mike
    thanks neil

Comment

I do like watching Geoff work.

I wonder about his workspace, especially the plain empty white walls. It seems to be deliberately barren and spartan above the midline. Is that a deliberate “tool” that helps him focus on the shape/form of panels being wheeled without the surface reflecting all of the typical chaos of tools, shelves and materials that fill many other shops?
      www.carolinasculpturestudio.com

Comment

As mention many time before Geoff knows is stuff , he does everything spot on, he wheels only where he needs to , with light pressure and use the right lowers anvils ,NOTE....HE HAS MADE A WIDER TRACK on them BUT ! it's not a flat !!! That is where most people mainly in the US got confuse and literally machining a dead flat on the anvils which I keep saying it does not work simply because it leaves marks on the panel and it does not rise the panel like it should . It takes a bit of skill and know how ,to get those anvils right it's a matter of trial and error but eventually you can get them right . So , to make a panel right the only thing you need is a PAPER pattern a few profiles of the shape you are making light pressure and the right anvil.

FSP , load of pressure ,bending the panel in a barrel using machined flats on the anvils DO NOT WORK PERIOD !!!!............ for all you beginners, Follow Goeff Moss technique and you CAN NOT go wrong
        Peter T

PS thank you Mike for posting this video
        Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 06-07-22, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Dominic Chinea is probably a really nice guy, but damn is he hard to listen to!
          "yeah" "yeah", "oh yeah", "oh, yeah, no", "yeah" "right, right" "yeah".

Geoff Moss as good as ever though.

Comment

Part two here;
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjN2b6m2Xt8

Comment

Great to watch, Geoff has loads of patients, chilled with his smoke hanging from his lips.
              Just like a Little Italian Aussie I know of
              Funny I didnt know who Dom was until I started watching "The Repair Shop" UK based Restoration show on all things.
              I would love to do a course with Geoff if I ever travel over there.
              Thanks for posting the video, thoroughly enjoyed it.
              Cheers Reedy,

There's nothing as Sweet as a EK V8

Comment

Working...
              X