tracking using the english wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tracking using the english wheel

not sure if anyone has used this tip but while learning how to use the wheel, giving your part a light spray of oil (CRC or WD40) will help with your tracking as you will be able to see where you have been on your last pass
    thanks neil

Click image for larger version  Name:	746AC4C4-B6AA-4F43-97F6-A22A0A20F62F.png Views:	0 Size:	361.0 KB ID:	4494 Click image for larger version  Name:	C9DE7275-AFEF-42A2-8B60-AE696C30CC5C.png Views:	0 Size:	282.0 KB ID:	4493 Top Tip Neil, is this with Steel ? ( l,ve used on that Steel Porsche roof earlier this year and it does help on big panels ) , l see in America they like to use automatic transmission fluid on the old Power Hammer.

Neil & Peter ..... Would you use it on Softer aluminium ?.

Because it’s a soft metal it’s easier to see the tracking with aluminium.

I say Aluminum because as we all know it doesn’t like contaminates when say TIG welding.....( even using a new guillotine with oil on the blade will contaminate the Edge of the sheet)

After doing a fair bit of TIG welding this week , i’ve been getting up to speed watching a few YouTube videos..... The Everlast videos are good And if you want influence from a young man ... check out Rush Kane .... aka Kanekid....all very Cool and has very good eyesight 🤣🤣🤣🤣😎

but we have booked a welding rep this week to equip us with some new gas welding equipment..... Low pressure regulators new hoses etc.

are there any painters out there with an opinion.....? you’ve got to look after the old painters LOL.
    Last edited by Moving molecules .; 01-11-20, 10:55 AM.
    https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

Comment

I believe Lazze uses a laser pointer to help beginners using the Wheeling machine ....could help

but just like riding a bike you soon gain muscle memory.
      https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Moving molecules . View Post
        Because it’s a soft metal it’s easier to see the tracking with aluminium.

I say Aluminum because as we all know it doesn’t like contaminates when say TIG welding.....( even using a new guillotine with oil on the blade will contaminate the Edge of the sheet)
        personally if i was struggling with tracking on aluminium i would probably try using soap, just a light rub over the surface. not had much wheeling experience with aluminium

thanks neil

Comment

Working...
        X