Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pumping method...🧐

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Thank you two for contributing....In this strange Wheeling practice.... starting in the middle with heavy pressure bending all over the place....

    no it’s not for me.

    i’m not just saying it because Pete just has , but I also (set) our recent Roof skin with a number 2 Anvil and very light pressure.... You have to do that anyway you can’t work with a sheet of blancmange.

    but look Gents I haven’t been English Wheeling for 30 plus years .... and if I can gain any secret methods I’m all ears....πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ‘.

    cheers Matt.

    i’m going to rename it pinching the pineapple because to me that’s what it looks like.🀣
    Last edited by Moving molecules .; 07-28-2020, 06:35 PM.
    https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Moving molecules . View Post
      ,,, I also (set) our recent Roof skin with a number one Anvil and very light pressure.... You have to do that anyway you can’t work with a sheet of blancmange.
      ...🀣
      For someone who hasn't wheeled anything bigger than a postage stamp yet, can you explain a bit more for me please Matt?

      Did you "set" the panel by giving it a light wheel across the width?

      I remember Peter doing something similar, probably on the Monaro panel and I have seen him on video putting shape in, by bending a panel across his thigh,

      Did you do something similar?

      Cheers Charlie

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Chazza View Post

        For someone who hasn't wheeled anything bigger than a postage stamp yet, can you explain a bit more for me please Matt?

        Did you "set" the panel by giving it a light wheel across the width?

        I remember Peter doing something similar, probably on the Monaro panel and I have seen him on video putting shape in, by bending a panel across his thigh,

        Did you do something similar?

        Cheers Charlie
        Charlie, only with a rather large panel ( like the Monaro quarter which was 8 x 4 feet ) I do a bit of bending prior to wheeling, simply because I like to stop the panel from sinking in the middle , but normally if the panel is not too big, I simply wheel with light pressure to brake it in, then I go ahead and wheel normally
        Peter

        Comment


        • #19
          Hi Chazza, yes me and Dan who is my Boss but who is less experienced , was my Tailman.

          Like Pete has said before when you hold a 4 Foot square flat sheet of steel at arms length , It will have a Natural tendency to drop a little bit no matter how big your muscles are so this will match the No. 2 anvil ( silly me have said a No.1 anvil in previous posts which is bloody flat 🀣 Sorry that’s used for Tipping)
          Any how me and Daniel danced away with light tight tracking to put some Tension in the panel....... sounds good fun isn’t it.... but it’s hard on your shoulders...

          But Bloody Daniel is 6 foot 4” with size 14 feet.....
          so he did bully me a bit..... this is the only problem with tandem Wheeling with somebody inexperienced , Pete would have experienced this with his students ?.

          frustrating..... but you have to dictate and take the lead....🧐
          Last edited by Moving molecules .; 07-28-2020, 06:46 PM.
          https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Chazza View Post

            For someone who hasn't wheeled anything bigger than a postage stamp yet, can you explain a bit more for me please Matt?

            Did you "set" the panel by giving it a light wheel across the width?

            I remember Peter doing something similar, probably on the Monaro panel and I have seen him on video putting shape in, by bending a panel across his thigh,

            Did you do something similar?

            Cheers Charlie
            love it .... we’re all very privileged Just to have Peter talking about this trade.....many don’t, for many years it was a dark Art and was not talked about....

            Charlie have you ever seen these balloon magicians .... Peter is so skilled he’s like one of those....πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

            I would love to know if Peter still enjoys his trade After a extremely long career.
            Last edited by Moving molecules .; 07-28-2020, 06:45 PM.
            https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

            Comment


            • #21
              Thanks chaps; it appears that you do what I have often done when rolling sheetmetal; break the grain first and then get on with the shaping,

              Cheers Charlie

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Moving molecules . View Post
                love it .... we’re all very privileged Just to have Peter talking about this trade.....many don’t, for many years it was a dark Art and was not talked about....

                Charlie have you ever seen these balloon magicians .... Peter is so skilled he’s like one of those....πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

                I would love to know if Peter still enjoys his trade After a extremely long career.
                Charlie yes I still enjoy my trade , very much so. BUT it's a case where the head say .....YES ! YES ! and the body say NO ! NO !
                Peter T.

                Comment

                Working...
                X