Proper traditional way to make E type Jag nose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper traditional way to make E type Jag nose

Hi guys I found this clip on you tube , It's simply shows that the traditional English way works ! and it's the only way to practice it's quicker ,more efficient, precise,and much better, and NO guessing on where any necessary amount of shape needs to be. And NOTE... no shrinking ! ...............Now please it's up to you guys to compare the other method that we all have seen on you tube recently.
    I do not know where this shop is, and at a guess..... I would think that the whole job (one piece panel ) would have taken about 5/6 hours in total.
    Peter T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY13YnS42_c
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 09-16-2019, 01:48 PM.

nice to see, good video
    thanks neil

Comment

Peter thanks for posting the video
      They made that look easy!!
      Nice to see simple effective methods.

At the very end of the video they have the flanges turned and the front lip turned And they are just finishing up with some light wheeling.
      I noticed that the front quarter of the panel is dull and the rest of the panel to the rear is very shinny. Is the front area of the panel dull because it has been hand worked then file checked???? Or could there be some other reason???
      David Bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Blue62 View Post
        Peter thanks for posting the video
        They made that look easy!!
        Nice to see simple effective methods.

At the very end of the video they have the flanges turned and the front lip turned And they are just finishing up with some light wheeling.
        I noticed that the front quarter of the panel is dull and the rest of the panel to the rear is very shinny. Is the front area of the panel dull because it has been hand worked then file checked???? Or could there be some other reason???
        David the dull spot would be where some hand work has been done ether small waves or small imperfections or possibly not enough shape ,it's done that way because once the front edge is turned it's not possible to put it back on the wheel . Sometime that does happen simply because one does not know how much shape is lost when turning a edge unless you do that type of work multiple times. When you see the panel been wheeled at the top that is also standard simply because if the edge at the front has pull too much shape out then one would re wheel the rest has shown on the video
        Peter T.

PS all of the same theory will be shown on my video (Ferrari front)...... part one should be on the forum by this Wednesday

Comment

Thanks peter
          I sort of thought some hand work had been done on the front and then file checked.
          Thanks for the explanation. Looking forward to the video
          David Bradbury

Comment

Very neat work.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	6660768B-C3D9-4EE3-900B-E0032F6E113D.png
Views:	73
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	2708
            Click image for larger version

Name:	13158221-0731-4FC8-B9A6-55CA148B9643.png
Views:	70