No announcement yet.

Redneck Roundup in Belfast, Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I drove down with Dan Pate, John Tratinau (spelling?) and Brett Ohland. We had a great time and it was my first time visit at Jim Hury shop. I think for the first new Red Neck Round Up at the new location worked well. I will go again in the future.

Bill

Comment

Bill It's certainly good fun, I wish I could be there ..may be next time ?
      peter T .

Comment

To echo Cliff, this was another great event. . .many thanks to Jim and Will, as well as all the support from folks behind the scenes. Also, thanks to Dan Pate and Mike Yurko for doing a bulk of the cooking out in the heat and humidity!

Originally posted by cliffrod View Post
        I also got the last set of Delrin lowers for my CP Planishing Hammer from Bill Tromblay, the actual set he used for the demo..
        Yes. . .I got there too late to get the last set from Bill. Now I have to endure delayed gratification as I anxiously await their arrival for a project I'm working on. Good thing I have way too many projects going on. lol

Comment

Originally posted by SWT Racing View Post
          To echo Cliff, this was another great event. . .many thanks to Jim and Will, as well as all the support from folks behind the scenes. Also, thanks to Dan Pate and Mike Yurko for doing a bulk of the cooking out in the heat and humidity!

Yes. . .I got there too late to get the last set from Bill. Now I have to endure delayed gratification as I anxiously await their arrival for a project I'm working on. Good thing I have way too many projects going on. lol

I got lucky, walking up as he sold the next to last set. Hoped I could find something for my CP at the event and had no idea Bill would have any of his preferred Delrin tooling there, much less for sale for such a reasonable price.

Comment

Thanks for posting up all the pics Will! Nice to see some familiar faces, hate I couldnt be there.
            I was especially impressed where they were making the curved channel on the Pullmax.

Comment

Hmmm, not many of those gentlemen in the pictures look like they've been late to the dinner table many. times................

Just sayin'

Comment

No,no, no- you've got it all wrong. The food was awesome- Everybody was skinny when we showed up...

Comment

Sounds like a great time. Are there plans for next year? We are heading over around mid September and If it was possible I would love to make it to a RR Cheers. Johnny

Comment

Would love to have you. What can we do to get Peter to be able to come with you?

Comment

Will, the US government wont let him in and the Melbourne metal shaping militicia wont let him out ! Henry Kissenger couldn't negotiate this deal..... !

Comment

Jim Hery is working with a Senator from Tennessee regarding the possibility of being a 'sponsor',and I am working with a Congressman from South Carolina. Perhaps something may work out.

Comment

Have the politicians explained why Peter is not allowed to travel to the US?

Comment

They politicians probably won't admit it, but I bet they'll let Peter come here AFTER the Presidential election on Nov 4, 2020. Neither Trump or the confused Democrats want a bigger celebrity here grabbing all the press & media attention before that's over...

seriously, I understood it's an issue based upon the previously-stated intent to come here and produce income-including being paid for classes/workshops- not just visit as a tourist. Once such a detail is captured in a person's record, it's difficult to prove you now plan to do otherwise with bad consequences if you do come as a tourist & then make $$. So many people have abused the tourism visa/work visa system for so long, now they're finally being more strict than ever. At this point, people have been coming here very pregnant (especially from China) specifically to have babies so they'll be US citizens by birth & then returning to China so the baby have dual citizenship and all privileges later in life. Not cool. I'm pretty certain Peter isn't pregnant, but that's part of why things are being done differently since his last trip to the USA.

I hope it can be resolved sooner as opposed to later.

Comment

Working...
                            X