Redneck Roundup in Belfast, Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redneck Roundup in Belfast, Tennessee

Welcome from Belfast, Tenn. and the home of Jim Hery and the new location for the Redneck Roundup. Will post pics as I getb ntime and used to this forum. I t Friday afternoon here. Started on Thursday and tomorrow is last day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	638

Friday afternoon

Comment

Trying to post pics

Comment

Thank you Will ..It brings back beautiful memories! And...... NICE to see familiar faces. Just awesome !!
        Peter T

Comment

PS Almost forgot... please post some pics of the work (modules) the guys are doing
          Peter T

Comment

Hi Will
            Looks like you lot are having too much fun. Is that an Anglia front panel i see on the bench? Can you put some names to the faces ?
            Regards Dennis

Comment

More Pictures

Comment

Thursday, Fiday and saturday was all good weather. Food was EXCELLANT.. Dan Pate and Mike Yurko prepared breakfast and lunches and Jack Lawrence and his crew cooked Lasagna & Speghetti for one meal and outstanding Philly Cheese steaks fo another. Jack is an experienced cook and it showed here. Mike Yorko and his wife Sue brought 22 dozen cookies and 12 batches of brownies. Don and Beverly McLain prepared Rum Cake and ice cream as well as an assortment of specialty cheese dips that they market.

Comment

Several wheeling machines

Comment

Pullmax pictures

Comment

A few projects.

Comment

Comment

I apologize about not knowing every ones name. The scheduling, etc. kept me from being able to keep track of all that was going on. We had AT LEAST 65 attendees. It was a great success, and we all had a good time (The trademark of a Redneck Roundup)

Comment

More groups - they all look like they are having fun.

Comment

Thanks for taking and posting so many pics, Will.

It was a great event and it sure seemed like everyone had a good time. Food was always good and plentiful. So many people worked to make sure the rest of us had a great weekend. Thanking each by name is beyond my expertise, but I do want to say Thank You to everyone who made it happen.

I personally appreciated both Pullmax & planishing machine demos and instruction very much. As usual, Dan Shady had an assortment of quality used tools for sale. Just like several others, I got a few new old hammers. I also got the last set of Delrin lowers for my CP Planishing Hammer from Bill Tromblay, the actual set he used for the demo. That doesn't count the Pullmax manual, 1427 hammer & bending lower roller set for Peter's e-wheel that I got from you, Will. My wife said if I got that much stuff, she should be able to get that many more possums.... We'll see.

Jim provided quite a venue. His facility is exactly like he is- no pretense, just substance. After the crowd thinned out on Sat, the few of us remaining spent the rest of the afternoon & into the evening with Jim. Lots of questions, advice, small talk, all together and one on one- hard to imagine doing all he did and then making sure to thank each one of us personally & sincerely for coming before we left. Very very cool. Thank you, Jim.

the only tough thing about the weekend was walking outside at night into the dark after being under Jim's new 7200 lumen LED lights. WOW- It was total absolute black darkness. Couldn't see a thing until your eyes adjusted. If anyone needs the ultimate lights for your shop that are cheaper to run (Jim claims those lights cut his power bill significantly) than anything else, those are the way to go.

i can't wait until next year.
                              Last edited by cliffrod; 08-28-2019, 10:44 AM. Reason: Fix typo

Comment

Working...
                              X