z cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z cars

Doing some work on the 240 z I have a 260 2 seater as well. The 260 is a shocker but is too good to put down for parts

If some one could teach me how to import photos from my stupid Iphone to my lap top I could post a few more photos........

Comment

• neilb
      neilb commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont have an iphone, I have a normal Samsung lol

Originally posted by Kiwi john View Post
    Doing some work on the 240 z I have a 260 2 seater as well. The 260 is a shocker but is too good to put down for parts
    Ouch thatโ€™s bad..... you need lots of positive energy....๐Ÿ‘
    https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

Comment

John I have an idea ...why don't you use the Z body and turn it in a Ferrari GTO I know someone with the buck to make the body LOL
      Peter T.

Comment

Pete, as much as I respect you no 2 seater z car needs that indignity !!!!!! Barney has lined up a hq panel van that can donate its chassis for the 250 california swb buck I still have.. Z cars are just now starting to be appreciated . Maybe help me do a one piece roof from the buck I have made for the 240.Z Good demand for those as most received horrible sunroofs in the 80 's Wash your mouth out too Johnno

Comment

Positive energy and Samsung phones.. !!!!!!!!!! You guys need to channel your collective energy ! The 240 in the photo is the good one. Somehow I will show the pics of the 260.. Hint The outer skin of the LH door separated from the frame on the trip home Its serious rust It isn't patina Big time rust But its a 2 seater !

Comment

heres a photo of the 260..............

Comment

The other side.....

Comment

Plenumb chanber Nothing to see here folks !

Comment

If some one could teach me how to import photos from my stupid Iphone to my lap top I could post a few more photos........
                Hook up the phone, find it on the sidebar, hit allow if it pops up, double click Internal Storage, highlight and copy, or cut, and then paste in a file on your laptop.

Last edited by 123pugsy; 03-04-21, 11:22 AM.
                Pugsy

Comment

Which parts are you going to make and what can you buy at a price that makes it interesting ?

There are still a lot of 240Z-260Z cars around here , and a few Datsun 510s

Comment

Hi Dave. The 240 has no interior and is missing tail lights console interior trim etc. It was a project left in a panel shop after it had been stripped down for a serious restoration. Somehow the various misc parts disappeared and I bought the shell with hang ons and matching numbers engine and trans. Rust wise its not too bad. I have a replacement sill for the LHS and the floor only needs a few patches. The rear quarters and roof skin were already unpicked so I am making a buck for them as roof skins are non existent over here and many cars have had crappy sunroofs installed. I bought the 260 intending to use it for parts but there are so many small differences between the two cars (1971 v 1976 ) that it would be a shame to sacrifice it when its complete. There is a lot of reproduction stuff out there but apart from sills there's not much sheet metal available

Comment

Typical repairs needed

Comment

The 240 is structually pretty good , Needs the rocker replaced and a few patches on the firewall and some on the floor and has a slight kink (barely noticeable but a tuck has formed on the lip so it may have to come off just in case water has seeped in ) in the left hand rail where it looks like the wheel has been pushed in at some time. Even though its been deskinned and looks a bit sad at least I know that there's no hidden rust. The 2 seaters have become a bit collectible over here so its worth the effort

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F1727C26-1016-48FA-BDB4-22BE8919AD49.png
Views:	49
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	5933 We have that 240Z rally car at work at mo , New full floors and chassis legs , inner & outer Sills needed.

Client has asked us to up the chassis legs to the next SWG up.

As for pics this Forum is the best out there... for me just press upload attachments.๐Ÿ‘

https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                          X