No announcement yet.

911s...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1974.... Yes most of it is rust.... A pillars are from blocked sunroof tubes quite common l,ve read.

it’s had a hit on the N/S front.

God there are easier jobs out there..... my central heating pump has just gone in my house and the callout charges are horrendous.....

definitely in the wrong job.... For money.

but l love rusty old celebrity cars don’t l....🤔🤔🤔🙁.
    https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Moving molecules . View Post
      1974.... Yes most of it is rust.... A pillars are from blocked sunroof tubes quite common l,ve read.

it’s had a hit on the N/S front.

God there are easier jobs out there..... my central heating pump has just gone in my house and the callout charges are horrendous.....

definitely in the wrong job.... For money.

but l love rusty old celebrity cars don’t l....🤔🤔🤔🙁.
      I know what you mean re the money Matt. Some things are a trade off. But Imagine going home at the end of the day week in and week out. .........

" Hi Honey, how was your day ? "...

"Great Darl, got 160 quid for resetting the thermostat on a Carrier 'Oh So Warm' heat pump. The grey 2.7 kw model. The series 2 with the honeywell controller. Man they are hard to remove. Had to use a philips screwdriver and the long nose pliers ! I took a few photos so I'll just post them on the " Well off Plumbers" forum and see what the other guys have been up to ".............................................

Comment

• neilb
        neilb commented
        Editing a comment
        i think you'll find the forum is called 'the plumber's crack' on facebook anyway, so i'm told lol

Too funny Neil

Comment

Yes l suppose your right.... but my wife still doesn’t care about what I work on....😂😂👍it’s just a CAR....

when she called some of them up .... most answered the phone like this...... HEELLO (in a loud voice ) do l know you....... then she heard l loud car horn ..... sorry love someone just pulled out on me.

So very Professional..... Don’t you think....

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi john View Post
          Too funny Neil
          no genuinely it is, i know a guy who uses it

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	417.3 KB ID:	6117
          thanks neil

Comment

Originally posted by neilb View Post

no genuinely it is, i know a guy who uses it

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	417.3 KB ID:	6117
            The thing that worries me is that you probably do..............

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0F5D10BB-1A00-4832-932C-53980A6120BE.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	6183 Click image for larger version

Name:	B97AF30C-67D3-4DF6-A885-7A7A2AB805A9.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	6184
              New jig for 911 and hopefully many more jobs.

Comment

WOW......do they give you all the chassis / body drawings ? do they have old ones like 356 and early short wheelbase 911s ?

Comment

• neilb
                  neilb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  not sure if it's any help but i can print off car-o-liner jig measurements at work, that will give you a centre line and the datum point and subsequent measurements from that

Click image for larger version  Name:	78C6674D-E041-47DB-B8A4-F8BC082D5CAC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.80 MB ID:	6192 Cheers Dave, for your positive comments will have to speak to Paul at Spanesi... all measurements are on a modern CD so you can print off your jig measurements I believe..... if you do modern cars you have to pay £250 to update your CD every six months or so.

But as this is universal Jig you can mount anything on it..... the overhead measuring is what we wanted.... so you can make anything .
                Big thanks to ....
                Last edited by Moving molecules .; 17-04-21, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Cheers Neil , looking for a 1974 “G” 911S last of the chrome mirror cars.
                  Will give you a nod if we cannot find anything....

Haven’t done Jig work since when I was at Prestige Paintworks....on the old Aston.

Comment

Originally posted by abarthdave View Post
                    WOW......do they give you all the chassis / body drawings ? do they have old ones like 356 and early short wheelbase 911s ?
                    Niel , Can you look and see what they have for 356 and 911 ,

the 911 should be 1964-68 (short wheelbase) , 69-73 and 74 to somewhere in the 1980s

Comment

Originally posted by abarthdave View Post

Niel , Can you look and see what they have for 356 and 911 ,

the 911 should be 1964-68 (short wheelbase) , 69-73 and 74 to somewhere in the 1980s
                      i will have a look dave, i doubt that you will get much more info about a 356 than you get from the data sheet in the workshop manual, being a hand built body differences between the datum points could be greater than 3mm either way. you could make your own jig brackets, the dimensions for the items that push in the axle tubes are on the data sheet. i had a mate turn some up for my front axle tube out of t6 aluminium, and used them on the jig i made up.

are you thinking just for restoration or accident damage also?
                      thanks neil

Comment

Originally posted by neilb View Post

are you thinking just for restoration or accident damage also?
                        really both ! the cars that are getting built anymore are almost scrap , crashed hard years ago or very rusty ,

would be nice to know the factory points for door hinge pockets , bumper brackets etc

thanks

Comment

found a few 911's on the list but no 356

Name:	20210419_155418.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	2.18 MB
ID:	6216

Name:	20210419_155441.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	6217

Name:	20210419_155503.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	6218

Name:	20210419_155537.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	6219
                          thanks neil

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	D4956642-00CC-42C1-B506-3DFC7525C4F0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.55 MB ID:	6227
                            Just a quick little set up to see how the up and over works out.

it’s a better Jig then the Global Jig...😉
                            Last edited by Moving molecules .; 19-04-21, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X