Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neilb
    commented on 's reply
    it's just simply been my favorite car, i had a 356 coupe model car bought for me for my 21st. even then i had loved them for years, i still have the model today along with a couple of others now. moving and working to australia has given me the opportunity to buy one and restore it. just love them

• Chazza
    replied
    Bloody beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• Blue62
    replied
    Nice work

Leave a comment:

• cliffrod
    replied
    Nice to see it all around, Neil.

Maybe you posted his in another thread and I missed it- how did you settle on this 356 as a project? Are you a long-time Porsche person, simple opportunity, ? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• neilb
    replied
    I took a short video while turning the car around a couple of weeks ago, I posted it on my instabrag and thought it would be good to share with you guy's. I do have a little adjustment to do on the left side but the inner panels are all welded in and solid

Leave a comment:

• cliffrod
    replied
    Originally posted by neilb View Post
    a quick pick of my mallet
    Click image for larger version Name:	20191013_103537.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.8 KB ID:	1709

thanks for watching
    Thanks for the picture of your mallet, Neil. Just started turning mine on the wood lathe here & hope to be using them soon.

Leave a comment:

• neilb
    replied
    so i thought i would take pics of the last piece for this nose piece, i first shrunk the edge with the thumbnail dies in the jiggly machine, then blocked out the centre with my pear shaped mallet, first roughed out with the small end then leveling out the rough shape with the large end before going on the wheel

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191013_103504.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.6 KB ID:	1707
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20191013_103511.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.2 KB ID:	1708

a quick pick of my mallet
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20191013_103537.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.8 KB ID:	1709

roughed out...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_640.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1710

and finally after leveling out with the mallet
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20191013_104434.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.0 KB ID:	1711

much smoother, and much easier to put through the wheel

thanks for watching

Leave a comment:

• neilb
    commented on 's reply
    are you sure? lol

• neilb
    commented on 's reply
    thank you pugsy

i'm watching your build with interest

• Chazza
    replied
    Oh, I wished I lived closer to you Neil!

Leave a comment:

• 123pugsy
    replied
    That's coming along really good.

Leave a comment:

• neilb
    commented on 's reply
    thank you david

• neilb
    commented on 's reply
    thank you cliffy

• Blue62
    replied
    Nice work there Niel

Leave a comment:

• cliffrod
    replied
    Sure looks good, Neil. I'd be happy too!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X