No announcement yet.

porsche 356 project restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well a little update, I have re-done the panels around the rear window opening, that's the 4th time and the last time!!!...

Click image for larger version  Name:	15892650987971065132345579341472.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	3185
    Click image for larger version  Name:	15892651404722284149718238040498.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.39 MB ID:	3186

all in all looking like a car again

Click image for larger versionName:	15892652075012555608372612414886.jpgViews:	0Size:	1.52 MBID:	3187
    thanks neil

Comment

I put the window opening in by hammer and dolly while in situ, I drew around a window template then added the extra for the seal and turned the flange, I made a tool to sharpen up the lower part of the flange to make it a sharper 90 deg.

just some 10mm square bar and a couple of bits of flat 5mm bar

Click image for larger version  Name:	15892656320506607255548666789187.jpg Views:	5 Size:	1.74 MB ID:	3189

Click image for larger version  Name:	15892656800089210338201534936013.jpg Views:	5 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	3190
      Click image for larger version  Name:	15892658645793559480110125245787.jpg Views:	5 Size:	1.28 MB ID:	3191

works a treat, just have to be careful of heavily marking the panel, although it has a curved shape on the blade part it can put deep indents in the sheet

thanks for watching
      thanks neil

Comment

Nice panels and a nifty tool to boot. Well done.
        Pugsy

Comment

Revisiting this thread Neil. Really enjoyed reading through your progress. Your skills are progressing nicely as well. Great job so far!

Comment

• neilb
            neilb commented
            Editing a comment
            thank you chris it would be nice if i could get to work on it during this lock down but i don't want the argument with the police about going to the garage, even though i would be alone lol

Originally posted by neilb View Post
          well a little update, I have re-done the panels around the rear window opening, that's the 4th time and the last time!!!...

Click image for larger version Name:	15892650987971065132345579341472.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	3185
          Click image for larger version Name:	15892651404722284149718238040498.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.39 MB ID:	3186

all in all looking like a car again

Click image for larger versionName:	15892652075012555608372612414886.jpgViews:	0Size:	1.52 MBID:	3187
          What can you say about this .... but Class, passion, determination , inspirational stuff.

https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

Comment

• neilb
            neilb commented
            Editing a comment
            thank you

Hi Niel ,

great work as always ,

did you make the rear window the same size as a PreA or the larger size of a T6 ( yes I know it wounds "Greek" to non 356 people)

And what size engine cover ?

are you going to have the rear screen made ?

Comment

Originally posted by abarthdave View Post
            Hi Niel ,

great work as always ,

did you make the rear window the same size as a PreA or the larger size of a T6 ( yes I know it wounds "Greek" to non 356 people)

And what size engine cover ?

are you going to have the rear screen made ?
            i made it to fit the pre-a size, it was a t6 to begin with. the engine lid i took a pattern from an 'A' then created a frame from that along with matching it to the dimensions on the body data sheet.

i bought all carrera windows (rear screen, 1/4 windows and 1 piece door windows) bill brown on the 356 registry does replica windows with the correct heat stamp. i bought a front screen locally from a manufacturer, they make 6 a year lol
            thanks neil

Comment

Neil I have been looking at the whole of your build ,all I have to say is that it's coming along very nicely well done !
              Peter T.
              PS you keep going like that .....I might have to give you a job
              Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 09-16-2020, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• neilb
                neilb commented
                Editing a comment
                that is high praise indeed, what can i say...

i am living proof that if you listen to people that know what they are talking about great things will happen.

thank you peter for your advice, i do listen and try to learn from your experience

We would love to make a Polished Aluminium 356 with an electric engine and aluminium chassis.... just need that big Client.

Now if only l could buy a Book from Peter nudge nudge ...wink ...wink.

One very inspirational man.
              Last edited by Moving molecules .; 09-15-2020, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• neilb
                neilb commented
                Editing a comment
                already started on that project, i am drawing up the chassis components already. i have already drawn up a tube chassis using 986 suspension

Talking about big client .....
              Just recently I was asked to make a body for E type jag Eagle, in alluminium ??? I am semiretired ...but ...I am thinking about it ??.. May be ??
              if I do decide to take the job on , I will make lot's of short video's on the build , right here on this forum
              Peter T.
              Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 09-16-2020, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Chazza
                Chazza commented
                Editing a comment
                Please, please do the job!

Originally posted by Peter Tommasini View Post
              Talking about big client .....
              Just recently I was asked to make a body for E type jag Eagle, in alluminium ???
              Peter T.
              How many hours whould that take ?
              Do they want you to do all in inner structure too ?

Comment

Originally posted by abarthdave View Post

How many hours whould that take ?
                Do they want you to do all in inner structure too ?
                Yes the client ask me to do the full job, tub and all , I estimate about 1,300 / 1,500 hours ........give and take

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Tommasini View Post

Yes the client ask me to do the full job, tub and all , I estimate about 1,300 / 1,500 hours ........give and take
                  thats no bad , at 12 hours a day / 6days a week it will not take that long........😁😁😁

Comment

Keep me in the loop Peter, Eagle E Types, are 3 miles from my house.... My old workmate Ryan Thompson is there.

have been for an interview but at the time... they wasn’t really looking and kept me on record.

we had Neil come down for interview last week... CKL developments... They have let four people go.

but I must say congratulations to world-class panel beater with a world-class Jaguar company.... Working with Henry and Team is a big privilege.
                    I myself have worked on his personal Ferrari Daytona.

cheers Matt..... Am I jealous... Course I am..... but the best man Won.😉🍾

maybe one day...🤣
                    Last edited by Moving molecules .; Yesterday, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	013F2830-3978-4FF9-A221-C8A8558398AA.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	4252

Eagle E Types on Front Cover of Octane
                      any how I apologise for crashing Neils great build of a Porsche 356 .

Resume your pictures Neil....😉
                      Last edited by Moving molecules .; Today, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• neilb
                        neilb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        not much chance of that, we are still in stage 4 lock down lol
                    Working...
                    X