X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro.... from Wisconsin

Here is my Intro...
    Dan Vice

Here to learn from others process,methods and experiences. Mine are primarily custom motorcycle, cars(lowrider, custom and vintage race cars) and helped out on an aviation project..thanks Bill!
    I work with a MH19 power hammer,home fabricated wheel,air planishing hammer and various hand tools... and yes the neighbors questions what I am doing in there at times...

Im located in Racine, Wi...

welcome Dan
    thanks neil

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Dan.

Comment

Hi Dan and welcome aboard. MH Power hammer ? Sounds like you are serious about this !!!! If you don’t post pics of your work then I will be disappointed ! We love to see what everyone is doing and we don’t bite You experienced guys are the lifeblood of this hobby/ craft / passion and any contributions are really appreciated. Cheers Johnny leftie

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181206_202548.jpg Views:	7 Size:	85.0 KB ID:	632
          Per Kiwi Johns request and looking through the files on my phone here is a 61 chevy Impala front fender repair.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image_290.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	633

Name:	image_292.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	634

Name:	image_293.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	635

Comment

Hi Dan
            Welcome and thanks for posting some of your work.

Regards Dennis

Comment

Hi Dan welcome to the forum
              Peter T

Comment

Not so easy Dan. Now you need to talk us through how you did that! Great job. Cheers John

Comment

John
                  I thought I had photos of the process but not... I did find a test piece from the process..
                  the part was made in 4 pieces... the top, front, upper side and lower side... the attached photo is the lower side...
                  the cover section was split in two... the reverse was stretched and formed. Mechanical shrink was added and done.... the upper side done in a similar fashion.
                  the top has a little shrink to bring up the shape and the body line was just formed over the bench. The front cut to shape and a little of shape added.... weld it up and on the the fender it goes

Thanks
                  Dan

Comment

Nice work Dan. Welcome to the forum. We got some good folks here from Wisconsin.

Comment

Yes, I met Bill Tromblay about a year ago through a friend.. a great guy to know. There is amazing talent out there professional and hobbyist!

Comment

Working...
                      X