Hello from South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from South Carolina

Hello my name is Barry Duckworth and when I learn a little more I will consider myself a beginning metal shaper. I do realize I wont live long enough to be as good as Peter, he has about a 40 year head start on me, but I came here in hopes of learning to be better than I am . I have attended one of Peter's intro classes here in the US, hoping he can get things ironed out so he can have some more. Meanwhile looking forward to learning all I can here on this site.Thanks to all who are making this happen!

Hey Barry- great to see you here! We need to get together sometime and pretend to do something important.

some guy has been driving around in regular Hwy 9 traffic lately here in Boiling Spings with a 30-31 Model A coupe, just chugging along. Looks to be mostly original, just a nice old car. It makes me think of you and Will every time I see it.

Comment

hi barry, welcome aboard

i'm sure you will pick things up quicker than you think. make something and learn from it even if it's scrap at the end
      thanks neil

Comment

Hi Barry nice to see you here ...Welcome
        Peter T

Comment

Originally posted by cliffrod View Post
          Hey Barry- great to see you here! We need to get together sometime and pretend to do something important.

some guy has been driving around in regular Hwy 9 traffic lately here in Boiling Spings with a 30-31 Model A coupe, just chugging along. Looks to be mostly original, just a nice old car. It makes me think of you and Will every time I see it.
          I havent done much with the old A-ticker lately, too many other projects in the way. Waiting to hear what you learned at the Redneck Roundup. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_A_Lott View Post

I havent done much with the old A-ticker lately, too many other projects in the way. Waiting to hear what you learned at the Redneck Roundup. Cheers
            Didn't take any pics this time. I was more focused upon Pullmax demo & instruction and planishing hammer guidance this time so I can get into using my new machines. I bought a set of Bill Trombley's Delrin CP lower dies for planishing, tried them on Kent White's planishing hammer at Jim's and am anxious to run them in my CP here at home. Bill was talking about them last year at Will's and brought a few sets to sell this time. I think I can make an adapter to use them in my arbor press as well, which will help even more.

We missed you but it was a long ride compared to going to Rock Hill. I told Jim it was a lot easier to drive to Will's to see him....

Comment

Working...
            X