Charlie from Western Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie from Western Australia

Whoops forgot to write an introduction a few days ago!

I am a novice metal-shaper, which is something that irritated me for years, as I used to be a metalwork teacher. In the cupboards at work were tools, which I now know, were for metal shaping – sandbag; jenny; hollowing block; stakes; etc. – but no one could tell me how to use them!

Then I discovered Peters DVD's and then Allmetal Shaping and then David Gardiner's DVD. Suddenly everything became possible and I have been dabbling with small projects, with life getting in the way, for the last 3 years.

But firmly planted in my mind after watching all of the films I could, was that Peter and David's methods, were the cheapest and best way for me to proceed.

This forum is a dream come true!

Hi Charlie, Welcome to the forum
    Once you know the basics you can make anything in metal,Machines help but you still use the basics.
    Regards Dennis

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Charlie. Feel like I oughta welcome everyone, especially the guys I kinda know from elsewhere, but feel pretentious welcoming people who introduced themselves before I got here. Thanks for waiting to introduce yourself.

Comment

hi Charlie, dont worry. I dont think I have written an introduction yet either lol
        thanks neil

Comment

Thanks for joining Charlie. As we grow there will be more resources to share so please contribute where you can. We aren’t too judgmental! In 2014 I radiused a roller and mounted it under a 6 “ castor. I couldn’t believe it when it started to form a shape. I made a scaled down 356 bonnet and a new world opened up. I have worked with metal all my life but never understood the fundamentals of metal shaping ( probably still don’t !) I don’t remember the site or the techniques but I am grateful to who ever posted that video for sharing their knowledge. Cheers. Johnny

Comment

Working...
          X