Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Washington state USA

Hello everyone my name is David Bradbury
    I am retired and live in Washington state USA.
    I am a novice metal shaper.
    What little I know of metal shaping I have learned from Peters videos the Allmetalshaping forum and wrestling with sheet metal.
    I want to learn more about the traditional methods of metal shaping.
    Great to be able to join this forum and watch it grow.
    thanks for having me.
    David Bradbury

hi dave, welcome aboard

traditional methods is what we all want to learn to help keep the craft going. and the reason behind this forum
    thanks neil

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Dave.

Comment

Thanks Neil and Cliffrod
        I follow both of you over on the other forum.
        David Bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Blue62 View Post
          Thanks Neil and Cliffrod
          I follow both of you over on the other forum.
          you follow me! what on earth for lol...
          thanks neil

Comment

Welcome aboard David. It’s great to have members with all different skills and our goal is to keep the traditional way of shaping alive. Please share your work as we enjoy the journey. We don’t take ourselves too seriously but our job as admins is to provide a site where the craftsmen and craftswomen can pass on the skills for the benefit of those that choose to learn. I hope you enjoy. Cheers jleftie

Comment

Originally posted by neilb View Post

you follow me! what on earth for lol...
              I follow your work on the Porsche. You like to do the same panel over a number of times kinda my style I also own a Porsche a 2000 Boxster S but yours is much cooler
              David Bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Blue62 View Post

I follow your work on the Porsche. You like to do the same panel over a number of times kinda my style I also own a Porsche a 2000 Boxster S but yours is much cooler
                I do usually make the same panel a few times lol, the last one I gave kiwi john was perfectly fine but had a small split in the corner of the window spot weld flange. I made it again rather than welding a piece in, because there was obviously a lesson I had to learn about that shape, (something Peter had said in passing about a similar part of his Monaco 1/4 panel) the next one was fine as I had finally worked out what he was saying.

thank you for following my comedy of errors I try to entertain as I learn hahaha
                thanks neil

Comment

Yeah thanks Neil. Factory second............ how about you post a few pics of the panel ( no photoshopped images) and outline the major failure that caused you to discard a hand formed rear quarter of a simple 356 Porsche and start again. Explain what you learnt and how you nailed the next one ( l tell anyone who asks that I was in Gmund last year and found a nos quarter in an old garage that used to work on old kublewagons and hebmullers in the 50’s. ). J admin

Comment

Working...
                  X