Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the group

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and very interested in continuing my Metal shaping education.

Thanks

Bill

hi bill, good to see you
    thanks neil

Comment

Hi Bill. Perhaps you would like to share a little of your aeronautical shaping experiences..... AT6 trainers? Just post a picture or two of your workshop to give everyone an idea of what you get up to. Thanks for joining us. Over Johnny

Comment

Hi,
        Kinda a late response, I didn't know I had questions until I checked my notifications. I started my company, Tromblay Tool LLC with my brother in 2001 and we specialize in custom machining, welding, design and now metal shaping. We are a small shop with my brother Jim and I and our apprentice machinist, Tony. We are a job shop, so we do a lot of repair, prototype and design work for many different industries, including medical, food and aerospace. Do to my aviation back ground of being a pilot and a A&P IA mechanic we tend to specialize in aircraft work. Out of high school I was offered a Machinist Apprenticeship and in time I became a Journeyman. Due to the company I was working for at that time, I also had to become a welder. I had an interest in metal shaping and with our apprentice running equipment now, it allowed me to pursue a new passion. I metal shape, repair and replacement components for aircraft, so all of my work is in aluminum and a little bit of stainless steel.
        The shop is equipped with a full line of CNC and well as manual machines and for sheet metal tools I use a Pullmax, English Wheel, CP plainsh hammer, Erco shrinker as well as the normal brakes, bead rollers and shears. I also TIG and Gas weld with Oxy/Hydrogen fuel.
        A small sample of parts that I make.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.8 KB ID:	1786 North American F-86 Saber, smoke oil tank.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20190509_160348.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.0 KB ID:	1787 Taylorcraft L-2 firewall forward cowl.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20171031_121653.jpg Views:	0 Size:	183.8 KB ID:	1788 Waco UPF-7 upside down battery box.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20170226_160129.jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.7 KB ID:	1789 Piper Seneca engine baffle set.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20190613_114317.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.2 KB ID:	1790 Messerschmitt BF-109 fin caps.

We ship parts all the time, so there is a lot more than these few photos. I'm on a continual quest to perfect my craft and become a better craftsman at what I do.

Bill

Comment

Thank;s for posting pic's of your work,always nice to see what others doing.very nice parts you make Bill
          Regards Dennis

Comment

Great to see pics and description of your work, Bill. Thanks for posting.

Comment

I agree, great to see stuff you do day to day
              thanks neil

Comment

Nice work Bill , and Thank you for posting . It's always nice to see other people work and how they do it
                Peter T.

Comment

Nice stuff there Bill.
                  Pugsy

Comment

Working...
                  X