Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Surrey in the U.K

Hi All,

I'm a total beginner with metal shaping and I live in the U.K in the county of Surrey (not too far away from London really). I come to metal shaping as I'm renovating a Datsun 240Z but I am a realist though and know that I've got a big mountain to climb in order to produce anything that may be usable! I'm in no rush whatsoever though and I really use the car as an excuse to buy tools, have fun in the garage and learn skills :-) .

Apologies in advance for stupid questions and any horrifying work you may see!

Jon.

Hi Jon, welcome to this a Great Forum... speak your mind.... Make mistakes... This is the only way to progress.... how boring if the world was perfect.....
    you have to be a certain person to be good at metalwork...... common sense, Science , maths,... And a artistic touch.... can make a great MetalShaper but it does take time...
    a lot of time.
    We can all help you with your project... in my time I help to restore your model in around 2004....and there was two at the London motor show this year....

pop down to are new Workshop in Battle, East Sussex.... Precision panel Craft.

Comment

Originally posted by Moving molecules . View Post
      Hi Jon, welcome to this a Great Forum... speak your mind.... Make mistakes... This is the only way to progress.... how boring if the world was perfect.....
      you have to be a certain person to be good at metalwork...... common sense, Science , maths,... And a artistic touch.... can make a great MetalShaper but it does take time...
      a lot of time.
      We can all help you with your project... in my time I help to restore your model in around 2004....and there was two at the London motor show this year....

pop down to are new Workshop in Battle, East Sussex.... Precision panel Craft.
      Thanks for the warm welcome! Battle's only about 80 miles so that would be a nice trip one day - will definitely take you up on that. If that was the London Classic Car Show at the Olympia then the two 240Z's were from Fourways Engineering - well spotted - they certainly did look nice!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Jon.

There are a number of us who here specialize at making scrap but are trying to move into making & welding usable parts the first time... Sounds like you'll fit right in!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	390092DA-1128-469D-9DEB-0FC3848B6C6A.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	3603Click image for larger version

Name:	71BED3D3-8B60-4E11-919D-7BE0CCFF287A.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	3602Click image for larger version

Name:	16CE7E4C-5BE6-4FE3-A166-BAD47DAD0D22.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	843.7 KB
ID:	3601Click image for larger version

Name:	570E1D58-5867-4C9B-942A-C7FCCBFB9583.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	707.6 KB
ID:	3600Click image for larger version

Name:	312362A4-FC24-4675-AAC7-EDE0CB61B3E7.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	671.7 KB
ID:	3599 Yes me and Dan had a natter to the young lads on the stand.....

l was involved with the Pink Aston Martin.... Prestige Paint Works.
          Last edited by Moving molecules .; 06-03-2020, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Hi Jon welcome to the forum, need help? .....Simply ask, and someone here will help
            Peter T.
            Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 06-06-2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

hi jon, welcome aboard
              thanks neil

Comment

Working...
              X