Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skintkarter
    commented on 's reply
    I knew ther war summat wrong with thee...

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    [QUOTE.

when I watched the bonnet video for the difficult front end Return .... he started to shrink the panel .... which is wrong .... making it fuller on top and now Locking himself out for return underneath .
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................

NOW YOU ARE TALKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are RIGHT ON !!!!!!!!

As I always have said...... he does not know much AND !!... More to the point he teaches that way............ God help those poor students!

Peter T
    Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 03-17-2020, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• neilb
    replied
    Originally posted by Moving molecules . View Post
    as you know I’m new on here and as such do not want to offend anybody
    you won't offend anyone here non of us have a personal agenda

Leave a comment:

• Moving molecules .
    replied
    Hi Peter & Gang, as you know I’m new on here and as such do not want to offend anybody ... i’m here to help if anything .
    I think Pete means Wray (Proshaper ?)
    I think the problem is there is no formal training in the US when using the Wheeling machine, where the use of the power hammer is king ( The Americans love making noise lol ) so I think Wray has just followed his dad when he was younger and without formal training or doing it for living... knows no different .

when I watched the bonnet video for the difficult front end Return .... he started to shrink the panel .... which is wrong .... making it fuller on top and now Locking himself out for return underneath .

Biggest tip I can give Is to make all the panels yourself by hand.... you can learn a awful lot that way .
    Last edited by Moving molecules .; 03-17-2020, 09:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    Cheers Peter, it means a lot for me and all Forum users on here to have your presence to learn from.
    A,m like you l love to teach others the correct why to achieve something , i’ve taught three young people since 88 and I get a lot out of it .... as long as they are dedicated and show willing.
    If I could afford a plane ticket ,i’ll be down to see you in a heartbeat .
    might have to meet up with Geoff this year.
    l have physically seen one of his Alloy Jaguar bonnets.

cheers Matt.
    Matt could you tell the forum members here (in a few words) the quality difference between the Geoff Jaguar bonnet and the one from our friend in the US?
    If you did not know who our friend was? I am sure some of the traditional metalshapers (beginners or pro)....... will let you know who we are referring to
    Peter T.

Leave a comment:

• Moving molecules .
    replied
    Cheers Peter, it means a lot for me and all Forum users on here to have your presence to learn from.
    A,m like you l love to teach others the correct why to achieve something , i’ve taught three young people since 88 and I get a lot out of it .... as long as they are dedicated and show willing.
    If I could afford a plane ticket ,i’ll be down to see you in a heartbeat .
    might have to meet up with Geoff this year.
    l have physically seen one of his Alloy Jaguar bonnets.

cheers Matt.
    Last edited by Moving molecules .; 03-15-2020, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Tommasini
    replied
    Hi Matt welcome to the forum
    Peter T.

Leave a comment:

• neilb
    replied
    Pop down if in area ,,,, Who knows what we have next Metal wise
    will be a little difficult to do that, i've been living in melbourne for the last 11 years. originally from sheffield born and bred, city of steel and lots of rust, and even the WMC has gone where they filmed the full monty lol, what's going on?!!! lol (must have been rusty...)

Leave a comment:

• Moving molecules .
    replied
    Cheers Neil, stupid isn’t it , average mortality rate in the UK is 1400 today and we are worrying about a few .
    us metal shapers have common sense .

Pop down if in area ,,,, Who knows what we have next Metal wise ....

at Moe we have a rare Karmann Ghia lowlight ....... convertible !!!!.

A 1961 VW single cab rhd from New Zealand .

and a Ferrari 1960 PF .

but we are looking for more bespoke work so I can use the English Wheel more ! Made a Ferrari 275 GTS Door skin last week ....

cheers Matt.

Leave a comment:

• neilb
    replied
    welcome matt, nice to see another brit

don't forget to sing happy birthday twice while washing your hands lol

Leave a comment:

• Moving molecules .
    replied
    Hi Charlie, set up New shop in Ninfield, East Sussex, we was very lucky because third car in was a Ferrari 275 GTS rhd 14 made and quite expensive ... The last one sold for 2.6 million .... so it was a stressful build !!! Good for the books , not for the head ..... Insurance was £900 for two weeks and when we had a power cut my business partner had to sleep out there LOL.
    but the client was very happy and that’s what we wake up for .

cheers Matt.

Leave a comment:

• Chazza
    replied
    Welcome Matt.

Where in the UK do you live?

Cheers Charlie

Leave a comment:

• Moving molecules .
    replied
    Cheers for reply trying to do it old school.

Love the Junior member title , my skin is quite good for 48 , shame about the hair ..... or lack of it .
    Last edited by Moving molecules .; 03-12-2020, 06:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cliffrod
    replied
    Welcome to the forum, Matt. Great to hear from someone else who doesn't do social media...

Leave a comment:

• Moving molecules .
    started a topic Newbie from UK.

Newbie from UK.

Hi Fellow Metal shapers ,Newbie here from UK at 48 have been in the car trade since 88 and metal shaping for the last 10 , But you never stop learning in this old game.
    also I have just gone on my own as of the start of the New Year with a company called Precision Panel Craft here in the UK.
    we have a rare Ranalah wheeling machine, FJ Edwards folder, big Baileigh bead roller, Pullmax , stumps etc.
    no Social media!!!! But Website coming soon.

cheers Matt Brown.
    Precision panel Craft UK.
    Last edited by Moving molecules .; 03-12-2020, 06:44 PM.
Working...
X