Issue with the website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with the website

I don't know if this is a known issue with the site or if it is something on my end, but I tried to access the site the last day or so via the bookmark I made of it on my browser.

The bookmark saved as www.metalshapershub.com. When I tried to open it, I got a blank page. So I looked on the page info and found this web address https://ce8df029be3e-004671.vbulletin.net which is the only way i can access it and see the content. Anyone know what's going on?

This is the one I get. I have to click on open new window.
    This content can’t be shown in a frame

There is supposed to be some content here, but the publisher doesn’t allow it to be displayed in a frame. This is to help protect the security of any information you might enter into this site.

Try this
    Anton’s
    Robert J Anton
    4 Tenbrook Industrial Park
    Arnold, MO 63010-3128
    [email protected]
    636-296-4433

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Hamilton View Post
      I don't know if this is a known issue with the site or if it is something on my end, but I tried to access the site the last day or so via the bookmark I made of it on my browser.

The bookmark saved as www.metalshapershub.com. When I tried to open it, I got a blank page. So I looked on the page info and found this web address https://ce8df029be3e-004671.vbulletin.net which is the only way i can access it and see the content. Anyone know what's going on?
      On this ancient iPad, I get the same things- blank screen, bad address/error message, or all is fine and seems like it happens with the actual "MetalShapersHub" more than the code string looking .vbulletin.net address. I also get repeated error pop-up prompt in a box and have to re-enter my password if I'm on for very long. Seems like it times out fast after I get a number of those error prompts. I figured it has more to do with this iPad that cannot be updated.

I'm not on my laptop as often and don't recall having the same issues or at least same frequency on the laptop. I have gotten security warnings to click through via my Firefox browser about the site address & had problems receiving emails from Peter when I was trying to get info about this forum. Chalked it up to international stuff, active links in emails and such. My sculpture website is not https so I expect others might get the same.

Even with these things, This site is far less problematic than a long favorite forum that was purchased & taken over by Tapatalk. I'm here, happy to be here and more than happy that Metalshapershub exists as a forum. Thank you very much to everyone making it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Anton View Post
        This is the one I get. I have to click on open new window.
        This content can’t be shown in a frame

There is supposed to be some content here, but the publisher doesn’t allow it to be displayed in a frame. This is to help protect the security of any information you might enter into this site.

Try this
        I get the same message so I just click on open in new window and here I am
        David Bradbury

Comment

no there is no issue with the site as such, but. I had an email from google search console regarding the site, it recommended the font be larger and a couple of other small changes to be mobile friendly. I found out how to change the font size but as yet not done the others. at the same time I was discussing with vbulletin about an issue I was getting while trying to edit the second header (adding an item). he said i had an issue within the DNS settings that was causing the issue. i was informed on what should be in the CNAME. I added another CNAME as it doesn't matter how many you have. that's when the site went funny, I removed the last CNAME to revert back, so now it needs the change to propagate back through the internet to go back to normal.

I am by no means a tech guy and it's a steep learning curve, but I apologize for any inconvenience. just to add, I dont think peter can get on at all. I text him the vbulletin web address but I don't think he has tried it.

google is basically crawling the site to help it be indexed, so it will show up in a search not just as the whole domain name.
          thanks neil

Comment

• johnmar
            johnmar commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Neil,

I really appreceate all you are doing for this forum!!!

If the CNAME/domain name does not match the url, things go haywire due to browser security settings. This means that with an not up te date browser, you can still continue, with a more recent one, you are toasted.

When I look at the ssl certificate while browsing to https://ce8df029be3e-004671.vbulletin.net I see a certificate certificate form comodo for ssl410377.cloudflaressl.com...

When I go to https://metalshapershub.com I don't see much, but receive a certificate that says "shortener.secureserver.net" and that is not aligned with the domain name.
            (Dont know where the 'shortner.secureserver.net' comes from though) I woudl have expected to be able to continue after a warning though...

DNS change:
            If you have changed a DNS setting, that does take time to trickle through internet and depending on where you are and upstream DNS servers, this can take up to over 72 hours.

(Sorry Neil, I'm an IT guy so it makes some sense to me). If you need any assistence (in the future), just let me know. Not that I know everything (far from that), but some times it is nice to chase it challenge together).

Johnmar

just to add, there is no issue with the security certificate, if you click view certificate you can then view the details of it. I am under the impression it is something within the DNS probably a TTL setting.

I know it's much easier hitting a sheet of steel lol
          thanks neil

Comment

• johnmar
            johnmar commented
            Editing a comment
            A TLL setting defines how long a DNS server will keep the registry for this domain before requesting a new update from an upstream DNS server. Altering this number to a lower of higher entry, does not alter function of the DNS configuration, it can only expedite that the configuration is refreshed at a different rate.

Do not panic guys I had the same problem .I am sure that Neil will look in to it
          Peter T.

Comment

I am having similar issues as well, but seem to be ably to find a work-a-round as I need it.

But I want to make sure the administrators on this site know how much I, for one , appreciate all the hard work they did to start this site, and how much they do to keep this site going. THANK YOU!!!

Comment

hi jonmar,

the issue i had and still have is vbulletin say the DNS should be set a certain way. unfortunately godaddy say it should be set another. i was told that you can't index an 'alias' which this site has. ''metalshapershub'' is an alias of ''ce8df029be3e-004671.vbulletin''. getting the site indexed is so it shows up in a general search of specific words not just the domain ''metalshapershub''

thank you for the ''thanks'' guy's, i just like others just want a place where we can learn the traditional way
              thanks neil

Comment

hi guy's, i spoke to godaddy on the phone today, i followed his advice to remove the forwarding so it would become ''parked'' and then re-enter the forwarding details. so hopefully it should be back to normal within a day or two.
                thanks neil

Comment

little update,

well it seems the fix that godaddy had in mind didn't work. so i have signed up with someone else for the DNS hosting. i updated the nameservers as requested so we shall see if that makes any difference...
                  thanks neil

Comment

hopefully everything should be back to normal now

well kind of, when i click on the link from google, i get the home page but logged out. when i click on a link to any posts or threads it logs me in...
                    thanks neil

Comment

Originally posted by neilb View Post
                      hopefully everything should be back to normal now

well kind of, when i click on the link from google, i get the home page but logged out. when i click on a link to any posts or threads it logs me in...
                      Same thing happens with my computer
                      David Bradbury

Comment

• neilb
                        neilb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        looks like it's on the right track at least lol

OK which link should I be using now?
                      Peter T.

Comment

either Peter, they should both bring you here
                        thanks neil