Sad News.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News.

Hi Gang, Sad news at Precision Panel Craft , last week we had to let our new chap Neil made redundant.
    Don,t get me wrong we was very excited to get him being ex CKL “home of the D types” , we were the same age and got on well, both being fisherman.
    so why did we let him go…..
    All l will say is the word procrastination.

He had no desire or drive to finish the Porsche 911 even though it’s a celebrity car.

And he thought the Ferrari was a piece of shit.

Trying to find somebody with the vision to look at a repair panel or shape …. And then to make the panel (within a reasonable time ), butt weld it in , then to metal finish, is hard too find.

it’s sad because we gave him everything but there’s one thing missing we didn’t have….. a name like CKL…..

So now there’s more pressure on me…. Great.
    Last edited by Moving molecules .; 11-09-21, 10:48 AM.
    https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

People who really love and enjoy their work are the firm's most valuable asset. I guess his interest was somewhere else.

Comment

This is not news to me ...For the last 40 Years I have been looking for the right guy to work with me BUT! for one reason or other they never worked out .The problem with this is that they all like a TOP wage (now a days is between $ 1,200 to 1,500 AU in hand x week , after paying the worker tax , sick pay, holiday pay,+ super ,the owner of the shop needs to have the worker making MINIMUM....... $ 2,800 AU x week........ I said MINIMUM ! And they need to be quick about it , or it will not work . So ..what is the answer? Well ...Unless the worker can work out things for him self , making patterns and producing a good panel fitted and finish a job with reasonable results it's not worth having him and do the job your self UNLESS ! You employ someone for LESS MONEY and less hours x week just to give you a hand when needed and do the dirty work .
      Last edited by Peter Tommasini; 12-09-21, 02:46 AM.

Comment

You’ve hit the nail on the head Peter….Well said.

Someone as skilled as Neil , should be producing more than his wages or at least Close.

maybe coming from CKL they had so much money and time they could take as much time in the world .

Any how as a new company , just like all of us has just scraped through Covid for 2 years….. yes money is reasonably tight.

some companies have done well out of Covid but many haven’t.

Anyhow we have put young Toby in the deep end on the Porsche and is making great progress …….Even if he f..ks up two panels to make one great one ….. he is at least learning the hard way and he’s also quicker than Neil.

On a sad note…. He did as a family personal problems……. But don’t we all.
        Last edited by Moving molecules .; 12-09-21, 09:31 AM.
        https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

Comment

Bummed to hear but now surprised. It is good to hear that Toby is looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Tommasini View Post
            ... You employ someone for LESS MONEY and less hours x week just to give you a hand when needed and do the dirty work .
            Peter I would be an ideal employee for you; I accept all of the above conditions but I live on the wrong side of the continent. Bummer!

Comment

Originally posted by Chazza View Post

Peter I would be an ideal employee for you; I accept all of the above conditions but I live on the wrong side of the continent. Bummer!
              What can I say ....Melbourne is the best City in Australia LOL

Comment

Working...
              X