After Work Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Work Project.

Click image for larger version  Name:	95E38FE0-9458-4A51-9386-FC22150C33DF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.48 MB ID:	6208 Click image for larger version  Name:	DE5DDE04-9F02-449A-8E2E-EAA10DB06B36.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.90 MB ID:	6207 Been to my first small car show this year since March 2020 , itโ€™s a new car venue mostly for the young crowd but l put my trendiest gear on and showed my face..... mostly because my No.1 leg wobbling car was there.... The Jaguar XJ220
    The most beautiful supercar from when l was younger myself .

This is the second one l,ve seen.

only attended for one hour.
    Last edited by Moving molecules .; 18-04-21, 10:41 PM.
    https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

Click image for larger version

Name:	D5FF22F7-0CBE-4500-ABF4-0F8EC66DCE90.png
Views:	55
Size:	561.8 KB
ID:	6212 Click image for larger version

Name:	E68F56A6-CEBC-4BE6-864B-F8F3094BBE7E.png
Views:	55
Size:	461.6 KB
ID:	6211 Click image for larger version

Name:	D444FCCF-C2EC-4EF0-8DA8-3BB930D37D27.png
Views:	64
Size:	355.9 KB
ID:	6210 Great Utube vid .....

Comment

Originally posted by Moving molecules . View Post
      Click image for larger version Name:	95E38FE0-9458-4A51-9386-FC22150C33DF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.48 MB ID:	6208 Click image for larger version Name:	DE5DDE04-9F02-449A-8E2E-EAA10DB06B36.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.90 MB ID:	6207 Been to my first small car show this year since March 2020 , itโ€™s a new car venue mostly for the young crowd but l put my trendiest gear on and showed my face..... mostly because my No.1 leg wobbling car was there.... The Jaguar XJ220
      The most beautiful supercar from when l was younger myself .

This is the second one l,ve seen.

only attended for one hour.
      Nice,
      Not many of those made
      David Bradbury

Comment

Had to travel 150 miles to Gaydon Motor Museum to see my First one ,,, I was so enthusiastic The museum representative let me have a sit in it....
        Which was nice of him.๐Ÿ˜Ž

The doors donโ€™t open up very much...๐Ÿ˜€

What is your Number 1.....๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment

Originally posted by Moving molecules . View Post
          Had to travel 150 miles to Gaydon Motor Museum to see my First one ,,, I was so enthusiastic The museum representative let me have a sit in it....
          Which was nice of him.๐Ÿ˜Ž

The doors donโ€™t open up very much...๐Ÿ˜€

What is your Number 1.....๐Ÿ˜‰
          My number one is probably a XK140 Drophead
          David Bradbury

Comment

• Moving molecules .
            Moving molecules . commented
            Editing a comment
            Lovely shape ... very strong chassis... iโ€™ve done a few pedal box conversions because itโ€™s not great for tall people.๐Ÿ‘

My former neighbor and his son (about my age) are advanced vintage Ford 427-428 experts. He has a strong background in NACSAR and then supplying cars for the movie business. For years, they held a benefit car show at their shop here in town until it outgrew their facility and insurance. Even though most of us were fully satisfied to see the typical serious Fords there, they always had at least one exotic for the crowd. One year was a Bugatti Veyron and stuff like that. For their last event, in 2018 iirc, he invited a friend to bring (actually drive) his original unrestored 1966 427 AC Cobra that he had owned since 1968. Nice guy. Awesome car. I spent my time laying underneath it where I could and looking at all of the bare aluminum with hammer marks. I like a 289 Cobra better, but it was very special to get to spend time studying the body on that real 427 car. Thought I had pics can't find them right now.

A real 289 Cobra would be a treat, but honestly, my absolute #1 car is probably my old red unrestored 1967 Ford Galaxie with original 428 that I have in my shop right now.

Name:	imgp9911.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	835.0 KB
ID:	6224

Name:	IMGP0740.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	979.8 KB
ID:	6223

I've had a line on a real 289 Cobra needing complete restoration for many years that apparently has not moved. but I know that my $$ would never fit with such things.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thatโ€™s allways l very rare privilege to see a car in bare Aluminium....๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Ž
            Last edited by Moving molecules .; 20-04-21, 07:13 AM.

Comment

I don't know much about the XJ220, but read the bodies are aluminum. Do you know who produced them- was it a specialty shop, in house at Jag, are any of the men still around, ? That would be a good connection to make.

Of course, this is based upon the general across-the-pond assumption that everybody in England knows each other and lives nearby, just like everyone in AU does or everyone in the USA does....

Comment

the only thing i know about the xj220 is the engine, my understanding is, it is a (twin) turbo charged version of the v6 which came in the back of the metro 6r4 rally car
                thanks neil

Comment

In Series 2 Episode 9 of The Grand Tour, Clarkson and the boys did a comparison test of the XJ220 versus the Bugatti EB110. They were not too complimentary of either car.

The build quality of the XJ didn't impress me much either.
                  Last edited by Chris_Hamilton; 22-04-21, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X