Metal shaping without pain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal shaping without pain.

Reading Peter's post recently about worn out elbows, prompted me to recommend these potions and activities, which actually work. Young or old, they work for everyone!

Influenza – Olive leaf extract which is anti-viral. Once I started using these, winter colds have come largely to an end for me. Made from approximately 3g of Olea Europa leaf per capsule.

Aching joints and tendons – Emu oil at 100% pure. For years in my twenties, thirties and forties, I suffered from chronic pain in my right elbow. Emu oil rubbed into the joint reduced the inflammation almost immediately and two weeks later the pain left forever. I use it regularly, just a small amount massaged into the painful area, always works.

Suspected arthritis, or in my case a sharp pain under a kneecap – Goanna Oil. I don't know if a poor goanna is pressed for this potion, but boy does it work! It probably does all that emu oil does, but in my knee emu oil didn't work but the goanna oil did. Massage around, or on the affected area. Fixed my knee after one application!

Tea tree oil – absolutely fantastic antiseptic for wounds, pimples and any other nastiness.

Eucalyptus oil – same as for tea tree but is also reputed to be a really good tick repellent, for those of us that work, or walk in the bush.

Mouth ulcers – not many humans have them, but Lycine 1000mg tablets at one per day, gets rid of them quickly. Made my life so much more enjoyable!

And last of all, physical fitness. 20 minutes of hard physical exercise 2 or 3 times a week, makes all of the hammer swinging so much easier and is essential for building bone density, once you reach your 30th year. If like me, the spare tyre around your tummy is unsightly when you look in the mirror, this is the best way to get rid of it and still be able to eat most things, except large amounts of sugar.

My wife found a fitness program on the net, which I follow loosely and I have solved most of my bad-back issues. if you want a PDF copy, which I highly recommend, send me a PM with your email address and I can send you the PDF,

Cheers Charlie

Nice that those damn Emu's are good for something. My Dad tried raising some of them for profit when I was a kid. They are some of the most hateful creatures. I do still chuckle though when I think back to when this one particularly nasty one we had started chasing and biting my Dad😁. Only time in my life I ever saw the man run. It was hilarious. 😂🤣 Think he (emu) became oil shortly thereafter.

Good info Chazza I'll try some of those.

Comment

apparently prunes are good for bone density, i watched a program where an astronaut said he always takes some with him on space missions
      thanks neil

Comment

• skintkarter
        skintkarter commented
        Editing a comment
        Mate it wasn't the bone density he was chasing. Those maceration pumps take quite a bit to run in space.

Great advice for me only being 8 months from 50 . I take Cod liver oil tablets and Zinc ..... who bloody knows.....

but a Real Ale at 6 o’clock normally sorts me out.👍
      https://www.precisionpanelcraft.co.uk/

Comment

Another thing I've done a lot for the last 25 years as a painter (and body guy) is take 2 capsules of Vitamin E (400) usually with dinner. I was told it helps with the preventation of "free radicals" and helps flush the toxins from automotive paint, specifically isocyanates found in urethane primers and clears. Have no evidence other than I have stayed relatively healthy after painting thousands of vehicles over the last 25 years. I've known lots of painters especially those who smoke, to develop an "allergic" reaction to iso's and have to quit painting. IMO it's something worth doing.

Comment

Good stuff, Charlie. A major reason I bought this Gairu/Pullmax was to use it for thumbnail shrinking. As much as I want & like to swing a hammer by hand, it's not as feasible to do anymore after 20 yrs of stone work. Limiting noise is also a concern. I have to manage my discomfort to save it for income-producing activities. There's a few injuries that are only addressed by not aggravating them again and again.

We generally don't do any supplements but do limit food not produced from scratch, excess sugar and processed items. I have little to add to the list of things that work except for the saline nasal rinse (squeeze bottle, not neti pot) that we discovered about a decade ago. The sinus rinse bottle we use is sold by NeilMed. Using plain baking soda and pickling (non iodized) salt instead of the purchased pre-mixed packets of the same, it is essentially free to use. We will rinse our sinuses anytime there is slight sinus discomfort from a pending cold, irritation of the soft palate or similar. It's unbelievable how often 1-2 lukewarm water gentle rinses will dislodge and clear whatever is there. That little bit of whatever that won't come out, cannot be coughed out, etc is flushed loose to spit out and gone down the drain. It will often eliminate a greater cold or further infection from developing, great for improved sleep to better fight cold/sickness and staying healthy. Not everyone likes such rinses, but it's one of those things we use regularly with great results.

Comment

• Chazza
            Chazza commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah yes, forgot about irrigating one's nose! Really good for sinus infections and dust.

I am going to try all of that stuff , who knows it might work on me too ? Or it might too little to late for me ?
          Peter T.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Tommasini View Post
            I am going to try all of that stuff , who knows it might work on me too ? Or it might too little to late for me ?
            Peter T.
            Definitely try the emu oil on your elbows, it will help.

Comment

here is some interesting reading...

A 2004 study by Victoria University found promising results from using emu oil either topically or internally to manage pain from osteoarthritis of the hands. The double-blinded, placebo-controlled study of 120 volunteers showed a significant reduction in pain over eight weeks in participants using this oil. Interestingly, the effects weren’t noticeable until week 4, but pain diminished progressively in the final four weeks. Researchers say that emu oil may offer pain relief without side effects for people suffering from osteoarthritis.

the full page is here...

https://www.emu-shop.com.au/scientif...SABEgJQPfD_BwE
              thanks neil

Comment

• Chazza
                Chazza commented
                Editing a comment
                Great research Neil!

I did drink a teaspoon of the stuff for a short while – not the most pleasant of tastes – because I had a crunching noise in my neck vertebrae, which the physio said was arthritis. The crunching reduced noticeably on the third day, but I put it down to my imagination and stopped sipping it.

Hmmm. Wonder if it would mix well with beer, wine or brandy,

Cheers Charlie

Forget about the taste, they make capsules as well.

​​​​​​https://www.emu-shop.com.au/buy-emu-...-oil-capsules/

Comment

Working...
              X