Putnam Machine Co line shaft metal lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds as if the lathe is a winner!

You machinist mate may be able to make a new nut for the cross-slide, if it needs one,

Cheers Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Chazza View Post
      Sounds as if the lathe is a winner!

You machinist mate may be able to make a new nut for the cross-slide, if it needs one,

Cheers Charlie
      I did get to spend some time with Ray (my machinist mate) on Monday afternoon. He's planning to come over sometime soon.

We poked through his inventory of bits and tooling. He's going to set me up with some old style tooling that he said he'll never use, including a knurling tool that should help me make the footpegs for my Guzzi. And he has boxes and crates of spare tooling, like giant drill bits & more, so he said not to buy new stuff.

kinda wish I had a camera or phone with me. After we talked lathe stuff, Ray walked me over to his big air over hydraulic press. He was trying to un-destroy a 1973 Jeep Commando front bumper for a friend who owns a tire shop whose employee had hooked it on a tire machine when backing out... Bad part it that it's a customer's unrestored original mint condition one owner car. He asked my advice. Doesn't look like fixing it on the cheap will be possible but finding a replacement to buy is proving to be elusive. It probably 5/32 thick. Not sure that effort is going to end well as soon as they need it resolved.

Comment

Working...
      X